Job description / Role
End-to-end technical project management for the galaxy (main website, mobile website, app, check-in system, internet booking tool etc.).
- Project scoping and requirements collection with stakeholders
- Definition of functional specifications
- Identification of resources
- Definition of project plan
- Contingency plans and escalations paths
- Project budget definition and control
- UAT and cut over planning
- Project status reporting, at project team and senior managerial level
- Management of solutions once in production.
- Accessibility, reliability, uptime, response time
- Follow up on customer queries-complaints relevant to the products and services owned by the E-Commerce organization.
- Organize and conduct training sessions for all departments directly and indirectly involved with the developed products and services (namely, WWCC, Customer Care).
- Develop and maintain official Oman Air procedures for the activities which fall in the perimeter of responsibility of the department.
- Test any new development or enhancement to the system to support the effective operation of the business.
- This involves liaising with external suppliers, testing of deliverables, and migration of data from existing systems and ongoing management of selected system
- Create and maintain a strategic roll out plan (consistent with the Department objectives) of new functionalities on the web site with specific focus on flight ticket sale, so that they are identified, planned and timed with clear dates.
- Project-manage the development of the Internet Booking Engine (IBE) on the website taking care of requirements, functional analysis and project management.
- Manage UAT on IBE software releases.
- Manage the ongoing quality assessment of the IBE in production environment, escalating problems as required.
- Manage of the relationship with Oman Air's IBE vendor to ensure all agreed commitments within the commercial agreement are delivered in a timely manner.
- Plan and project manage all initiatives so that full buy in from senior management team is secured.
- Undertake regular reviews of any business initiatives so that performance evaluation versus budget - projections in terms of passengers, revenue and margins can be carried out.
- Implement along with Senior Manager E-Commerce any systems related enhancements to the organization to support the effective operation of the business.
- This involves liaising with external suppliers, testing of deliverables, and migration of data from existing systems and ongoing management of selected system.
- Monitor industry developments and competitor initiatives, and make recommendation on changes
- Updates to all the above areas of responsibilities.
- Conduct project work and any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
- Manage and develop electronic commerce inclusive of Oman Air's Internet Booking Engine (IBE), Redemption Booking Engine (RBE) B2C and other portals, CMS (Content Management Systems), WCI - MCI (Check-In Systems) , MYB (Manage Your Booking System).
- Manages the day to day activities on the Internet Booking Engine as well as ensure marketing activities in relation to Sales on the WEB are correct and currently updated.
- The day-to-day activities would include site administration, storefront maintenance and support; handle web enquiries and support escalations.
- Deals with the internal departments and external resources to Implement and follow-up changes to the current and future set-up on the own web site to maximize sales while ensuring the efficiency of the various booking engines and other web tools.
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Business Studies with a minimum of 7 years experience in handling e-commerce for a global digital organization preferable within the airlines industry.
- University level education in Ecommerce, engineering or related subject. Management education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the technological structure of the internet, the World Wide Web and its trends
- Through knowledge of Airline reservation systems.
- Through knowledge of web UI design, usability and usability assessments.
- Strong project management skills
- Negotiation skills. Ability to influence internal counterparts and external partners and providers.
- Good knowledge of office automation tools such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proven communication skills, resilient and culturally sensitive with high level of motivational self-starter skill.
- Must be able to create healthy working relationships with subordinates, giving clear managerial directives.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential (Arabic desirable).
- Minimum 7 years experience within aviation digital industry
- E-Commerce experience is required
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.
Manager - Digital Marketing and Communication
Senior Manager - Loyalty & Customer Engagement
E-Commerce Manager for an E-Commerce (Fashion) Brand
RTC-1 Employment Services
Marketing and Communications Manager
Muscat Waves Consultancy