Job description / Role
- Responsible for the development and presence of Oman Air on the WEB as its primary stake holder and custodian. These would include content aggregation, review, content design and architecture, booking engine configuration and publishing.
- Optimize paid digital spending based on analysis, optimization refinements, and end-to-end campaign strategy and tactics to improve lead acquisition and conversion rate performance.
- Facilitate proper campaign set up and tracking with UTM and Adobe tracking keys for paid urls.
- Manages the day to day activities on the Internet Booking Engine as well as ensure marketing activities in relation to Sales on the WEB are correct and currently updated. The day-to-day activities would include site administration, storefront maintenance and support; handle web enquiries and support escalations.
- Deals with the internal departments and external resources to Implement and follow-up changes to the current and future set-up on the own web site to maximize sales while ensuring the efficiency of the various booking engines and other web tools.
- Develop and implement the overall online sales strategy for Oman Air
- Optimization of the designated digital paid search and e-commerce partners
- Administration and development of the CMS (Content Management System, Drupal), including granting user access rights-permission levels, designing and enforcing content management workflows.
- Define, maintain and enforce editorial guidelines for content management on oman air's website.
- Manage affiliation-partnership-style organizations.
- In coordination with relevant department, implement any eCommerce and sales actions on the web.
- Define, maintain and enforce layout guidelines for oman air's website and the other Oman Air websites in line with the general e-commerce guidelines.
- Coordinates globally with any area involved in the fulfillment and development of metasearch partnerships
- Initiate monitoring and other support system towards follow-up on visitors and customer's behavioral. Follow-up on customer complaints and modify processes accordingly.
- Responsible for content management on oman air's website. Internally accountable for all published information (although other areas of the company may be responsible).
- Proactively ensure information from all department reaches customers via the web sites and other electronic media, establishing an effective internal communication process and SLAs.
- In depth analysis of findings-changes to outstations and-or departments impacted by necessary action. Continuously explore areas, identify opportunities and perform strengths and weaknesses assessment for markets to generate additional revenue - achieve cost saving targets.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by Senior Manager E-Commerce or Manager from time to time.
- Monitor, measure, track and analyze all digital sales initiatives on a country - route basis
Enhance e-sales strategies and develop the roadmap of all web sales tools
Bachelor Degree in related discipline is preferable with 8 years experience in handling digital and e-sales, preferably within the airline / travel industry is mandatory.
- Technical and/or WEB education desirable.
- Experience from similar tasks preferably in the Airline or Travel Industry.
- Thorough knowledge of both www as well as Airline reservation and fulfilment systems.
- Interest in constantly developing new ideas and thinking out of the box.
- Interpersonal and Negotiation skills.
- Full understanding of Oman Airs Strategic Goals.
- Extensive internet marketing knowledge, with particular reference to SEO, e-Mail marketing, banner advertising.
- Must be computer literate in other areas, especially MS Excel, with proven communication skills, resilient and culturally sensitive with high level of motivational self-starter skill.
- Must be able to create healthy working relationships with counterparts and external contacts.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential (Arabic desirable).
- Minimum 7 years experience within aviation digital industry
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.