Job description / Role
- Lead the AMFPS team to ensure that the flight planning system is up to date with navigational (external and internal) information in order to support safe and efficient route selection for WY operation, state published aeronautical information and aircraft performance data is accurately reflected in flight planning database and company documentation.
- Lead and direct development, testing and implementation of flight dispatch support systems (include but not limited to new flight planning system implementation) in close liaison with IT, flight operations, and flight planning service provider data maintenance department to ensure a quality product for flight dispatch and flight crew. Collect and review requests for FPL System improvements, coordinate system changes. Evaluate new Flight Planning System including system modules, create related business cases for the new modules-features, if operationally required. Advice direct manager (including business case results) if implementation of new modules-features seems reasonable.
- Initiate, lead and direct projects related to flight operations optimization, flight planning system improvements, saving initiatives, process and procedure optimization, fuel efficiency initiatives, etc. Ensure project implementation completed within project time.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor daily operational duties within AMFPS team, make correctives inputs if operationally feasible by re-assigning the work flow. Continuously identify potential operational improvements, adjust team goals accordingly. In liaison with the line manager set up monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for the AMFPS team.
- Manage short term systems support problems affecting the performance of WY flight dispatch pre-departure planning and flight watch and flight tracking activities. Maintain ongoing integrity and operational efficiency of all WY flight dispatch technical support systems.
- Provide guidance and communication to the flight dispatch, flight operations management and fleet management pilots on all changes in present and future air navigation environment changes, technical system changes. Communicate to other WY departments as required all information related to current and future flight dispatch support technologies and system development.
- Develop and implement training program related to flight planning system. This include but will not be limited to identifying the area of needed training, set up training material, provide classroom or on the job training, permanently updates of the training material according to system future development and new system modules purchased by the airline.
- Fulfill other duties if requested by direct manager.
- A Bachelor degree in related discipline having 08 years of relevant experience preferably within Flight Operations department of which 03 years should be in a supervisory role, related to flight operations.
- OR Specialized certificate / License in the related field with Secondary School and having 14 years of WY / Aviation in similar functions. Master degree in the related field will be an advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.