Job description / Role
- Lead global, strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the IT infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to, enterprise messaging systems, active directory multi-forest integration, multiplatform hosting resources for business critical applications, scalable Storage Area Network, enterprise backup and recovery solutions and Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM).
- Provide leadership for delivery of 24-7-365 service operations and KPI compliance. Establish metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Service Level Agreements (SLA) to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Provide infrastructure services by enabling innovation and leveraging IT trends that can create business value consistent with organisation goals.
- Ensure comprehensive Disaster Recovery (DR) architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events.
- Motivate, organize, mentor and manage the team by planning future skill requirements and technical trainings in coordination with Learning and Development department of the organisation.
- Lead and manage the IT Infrastructure Operations being carried out by the subordinate teams in order to ensure faultless and timely provision-resolution of all incoming IT requests-incidents within:
- IT Facilities Management (Mainly Primary and Disaster Recovery Data Centers) and ensure proper data replication and redundancies are in place
- Manage all tasks and enhancements for Oman Air Data Centers (HQ, DR, Cloud)
- Database Administration, Business Critical Systems Infrastructure Administration
- Storage and Backup Administration, Messaging System Administration, and System Operations and Monitoring
- Develop RFPs-RFQs-RFIs, review products-solutions-services evaluations, coordinate selections to ensure that pricing, terms and conditions for supplier contracts meet organisation standards while achieving the targeted results at optimum costs.
- Continue to enhance Oman Air Date Center using the latest state of the art technologies
- Plan, design and ensure effective implementation procedures to support the IT infrastructure environment, including capacity management, monitoring and fine-tuning, backup and recovery.
- Plan and lead DR drills for different IT Infrastructure systems to ensure IT Service Continuity and compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events
- Develop and enforce security guidelines for database, system and email access across the organization.
- Lead project teams developing and-or implementing computerized solutions to business needs.
- Review employee performance and conduct appraisals in order to identify and provide opportunities for staff development aimed at increasing professionalism.
- Bachelor degree in IT/Computer Science / Electrical and Electronic Engineering (or Similar) with 08 years of experience in Data Centre Management and IT Systems & Operations Management of which - 03 years in a Supervisory level. Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
- Proficient in English (Spoken & Written)
- Extensive knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure design, operation and management specialized knowledge
- Internationally recognized data center certifications, are recommended, such as Certified Data Centre Expert (CDCE), Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP) and Certified Data Centre Management Professional.
- Ability to design, maintain and operate large data centers
- Project Management skills. Functional understanding g of project management principles and their application to infrastructure projects and teams.
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of complex nature
- Good financial-management skill in budgeting, forecasting and cost control
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities and to redirect teams toward new objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good knowledge of ITIL Processes and Procedures, data center electromechanical systems (Power, Cooling, Security, etc.)
- Knowledge in Microsoft and UNIX operating systems and networking.
- Knowledge in DR, Storage and Backup systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
- Airline IT systems and requirements experience and knowledge is an added value
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.