Job description / Role
- Effectively manage all activities of the Navigation & Aircraft Performance Section and ensure adherence to all operational, regulatory and administrative requirements.
- Ensure that there is control, accountability and planning with in the section.
- Ensure that the annual budget process in terms of section manpower and capital is timely prepared and submitted.
- Ensure that the computations, production and updating of aircraft performance data including Runway Analysis Charts, Landing Charts and En-Route data for all company aircrafts using vendor-supplied manuals and programs are carried out accordingly.
- Ensure that the coordination with manufacturers in respect to performance issues is carried out on regular basis.
- Ensure that the analyzing of performance data and producing reports is carried out on regular basis.
- Ensure that the producing, analyzing and implementing fuel monitoring reports, using manufacturers supplied programs is carried out on regular basis.
- Ensure that the computation, analyzing and implementation of company cost index is carried out on regular basis
- Ensure that the Engine-Out Turn Procedures for the applicable airports in company network is designed updated on regular basis.
- Ensure that the planning, maintaining and updating the cost effective company ATS routes function is carried out on regular basis.
- Ensure that the designing of company escape routes where it is required to descent below MSA en-route is done, updated and implemented on regular basis.
- Ensure that the FMS Navigation Database is updated with the coordination of vender on regular basis.
- Ensure that the route analysis reports for new and existing routes are produced on regular basis.
- Ensure that the block times for company routes are computed on regular basis.
- Ensure that pilot’s voyage reports in connection to performance & navigation issues are dealt on regular basis.
- Ensure OM-B & OM-C are kept current on timely manner.
- Identifying any use of new technology and opportunities for operational process improvements by use of new-changing processes and-or technology.
- Ensure quality control of internal code change activities impacting daily operations.
- Liaise on wet Lease Operations activities, Induction of new aircrafts & Induction of new destinations: to ensure timely completion of tasks under sectional manager related to Operations Control & Support Sections.
- Supervise & coordinate contractual activities related to Navigation & Aircraft Performance.
- Coordinate with HR on Recruitment issues and conduct interviews on positions that are directly reporting to MN&AP.
- Ensure that all post-flight data entries are made accurately and on time for fuel conservation, Navigation and Block Hours purposes;
- Hold monthly meetings with staff of section and submit minutes of meeting accordingly.
- Fulfill any additional duties as may be required by SMOCD.
A bachelor degree in related discipline preferable in science with mathematics and physics as major, or in aviation science, aviation engineering, or aviation management, having 08 years of relevant experience preferably in flight operations, or flight operations support functions, 03 of each should be in airline flight operations support area,
OR Specialised certificate / license in the related field with secondary school and having 14 years of WY / aviation experience in the similar functions Master degree in the related filed will be advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.