Job description / Role
Manager - Ramp Pushback (Oman Aviation Handling Company)
- Manage the Pushback and Ground Handling Units with a team of Supervisors and coordinators working in shift basis.
- Monitor, plan, schedule and oversee all manpower requirements, staff attendance and sick leave, plan rostering and swaps for all crew in the RAMP covering the following sections;
- Maintain regular communication and cooperate with the GOCC in order to promote improvements in the section.
- Maintain regular communication with the Pushback team to ensure the pushback services are according to the SLA’s.
- Ensure that the team of juniors is available and capable of delivering the organizations product.
- Ensure that the Pushback and Ground Handling Units are maintained as per the Company SLA’s.
- Ensure delivery of Pushback and Ground Handling Units are sufficient to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure Supervisors - Coordinators communicate with TRC - GOCC and Duty room for on time completion of GPU - ACU - ASU and Pushback services.
- Conduct and-or attend hearing of erring staff-s and recommend disciplinary action.
- Maintain incident records and submit reports to Senior Manager – Ramp
- Ensure all equipment conditions up to standard and follow up with workshop on pending tasks.
- Monitor all staff levels and ensure to maintain high standards of Safety of staff and equipment at all times in line with DGSAS standards and guidelines set by the company.
- Monitor and provide information on flight handling irregularities to the concerned department to take necessary action steps. Monitor and ensure that routine and non-routine services are properly documented and reported for correct billing purposes.
- Liaise and Establish good customer and public relations in order to gain support and enhance Oman Aviation Handling Company image.
- Update knowledge of current company policy and procedures by reading memo, circulars and manual updates.
- Provide weekly - monthly update performance to the Senior Management.
Line Manager holds authority.
Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 08 years of relevant work experience of which 03 years in a supervisory level or Secondary with 14 years’ experience with relevant experience. Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.