Job description / Role
Required as soon as possible
The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead the marketing and communications efforts for our operations in Muscat and implement the annual marketing and communications plan. The Marketing and Communications Manager will work collaboratively to develop our marketing effort and support the company in achieving its targets for growth in Oman.
Values and Ethos:
• To actively promote our vision through enthusiastic participation in all areas of the Company’s work.
• To share and support the Company’s commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our students.
• To respect and support Omani culture.
Strategy and Planning:
• Support the Board and senior management team in developing the annual marketing and communications strategy.
• Implement the annual marketing and communications plan.
• Demonstrate value for money and return on investment with all marketing and communications activities.
• Maintain an accurate competitor analysis that is reviewed and updated at least once a year, to ensure that the Company has up to date knowledge about the education market in Oman.
• Keep a watching brief on, and make recommendations with regards to, brand development. Follow strategy guidelines, create clear brand messages and USPs which are promulgated across all marketing campaigns.
• Be the champion and steward of the brand, and the partnership with the brand partner schools ensuring uniformity in the brand, voice and messaging for internal and external communications.
• Coordinate and manage all marketing activities.
• Manage all marketing and communication events that exemplify and communicate brand values (e.g. Open Days, Tours, Parent events, etc.).
• Advise on event planning to improve audience experience and ensure the communication of key messages and appropriate brand values.
• Conceptualize and design marketing material such as presentations, emails, brochures and mailings.
• Develop and manage internal marketing processes and procedures.
• Responsible for designing, creating, and delivering internal and external marketing and public relations programmes to support the organisation.
• Supervise projects with external providers, writers, suppliers and other vendors, ensuring timely completion of projects.
• Collaborate with all departments, but especially Admissions, to create a context that promotes the Company.
• Compile, analyse, and report on data from marketing campaigns to refine strategies and plans.
• Ensure that all collateral is prepared, available and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Assist the senior management team with developing strategies to drive enrolments.
• Support the senior management team in the preparation of an annual student retention plan.
• Develop communications strategies to address the Company’s marketing position within Oman and international markets.
• Implement the Company’s communications plans and goals.
• Together with colleagues, act as a public face in communicating with parents (both existing and prospective), the local community, media and other interested parties.
• Draft high-quality communications ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency.
• Supervise the development and maintenance of all websites and social media channels.
Social & Digital Media:
• Execute the social and digital media plans
• Identify newsworthy stories that will help promote the Company and pitch these stories to the media.
• Ensure that the websites and presentation screens display the latest news / achievements at all times.
• Produce a weekly newsletter for parents and the wider community.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required (E = Essential, D = Desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications, public relations or related fields, or equivalent (E)
• Post-graduate study (D)
• 5+ years marketing experience (D)
• Experience of working in a school or education setting (D)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
• Use excellent spoken and written English in all communications.
• Communication and literacy, including writing creative and engaging copy, proof-reading and correcting content, presentation and public speaking skills.
• An understanding of the briefing and design process, demonstrated by the production of marketing campaigns, including promotional materials.
• An understanding of filming events.
• Relationship management.
• Negotiation and influencing.
• Personal organisation and time management: an ability to prioritise, to work flexibly, to work to tight deadlines, to complete tasks.
• A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to the mission and values.
• High levels of commitment, motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
• Professional with a commitment to high standards.
• Reliable, approachable and friendly.
• A good listener and manager, comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyse and formulate disparate information into a sound and well-organized plan.
• Build strong working relationships through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meeting deadlines and work efficiently under pressure.
• Excellent time management skills.
• A willingness to go the extra mile.
About the Company
EduReach is a leading international school owner and operator with a portfolio across seven countries and three continents.
Developed in partnership with prestigious UK Independent schools, we provide pupils with the very best education by blending hundreds of years of tradition with a rich local culture. With families across the globe regarding a British education as the best in class, EduReach’s aim is to help increasing numbers of pupils fulfil their potential at school, university and beyond.
Our depth of experience in the complex and multi-faceted process of designing, building, staffing and managing a new school in another country is founded on our ingrained passion for what we do and the values we uphold. We work from the heart of the initiative, bringing the concept to life, seeing it through to the first pupils in the classrooms, to steady state and beyond.
EduReach delivers a turn-key solution for opening and operating a new international school and has the in-house expertise to manage all aspects of the project. We seek to develop long-term partnerships based on mutual aims and objectives and a common set of values for high quality education.
Muscat Waves Consultancy
Manager - Digital Marketing and Communication
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence
Marketing Executive for Multi Divisional Company
Brand Communications Manager - Lifestyle Brands
A Leading Company In Oman