Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Material Control Specialist (DPAS)
The Material Control Specialist (DPAS) is responsible for all aspects of ordering, receiving, storing and issuing parts needed for the repair of USAF Vehicle assets. Carries out all duties in accordance with AFI 24-302. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS), WI 2975.1, and Amentum ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Use DPAS Warehouse exclusively to receive and issue all parts received through supply, DRS, ICOPARS and downtown parts and services.
- Monitor the delayed Maintenance report and perform monthly reconciliation with Superintendent/Supervisor.
- Provides assistance and train other workers in DPAS as required for DPAS transactions.
- Stocks, maintains and requisitions parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets.
- Assists in supporting special tools, shop stock, test Measurement and Diagnostics Equipment (TMDE), safety and environmental shop functions.
- Conducts monthly C49 reconciliations and coordinate the changes with supply.
- On receipt of parts, checks for the correct type and quantity, assigns bin location and annotates on listings.
- Responsible for conducting semiannual inventories on all parts, OVE, and equipment items.
- Guarantees the quality of the site's working stock program and ensures inventories of working stock are conducted monthly.
- Performs random checks on the accuracy of documents and compares parts requests to entries on the parts ordered/issued on the work order.
- Assists in the preparation of vehicles/equipment for air/land/sea movement as required.
- Assists the Supervisor in training other workers in DPAS as required for DPAS Warehouse transactions.
- Ensures the work area is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows operating system and Microsoft Office to include at a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be familiar with DPAS Warehouse, Maintenance & Utilization and ICOPARS Systems.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and the ability to obtain a host nation driver's license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Four years of military experience in a Vehicle maintenance-based, material control/warehouse inventory career field required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.