Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Check delivered materials and its conformance to the specifications and standard.
• Inspect material storage area.
• Supervise the site tests, such as soil compaction, concrete slump, moisture content, aggregate, gradation, paint thickness, bolt torque, and concrete coring, etc.
• Inspect various facets of work on the construction site and perform continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes.
• Document non-conformance to specifications, codes and standards, and may be asked to participate in determining appropriate resolution.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in material inspection with road infrastructure projects.
• Working knowledge of construction sequences and standard work procedures of the industry.
• Knowledge and skills in using relevant computer software.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Material Engineer - Roads
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jun|
|Abu Dhabi||26 Jul|
Project Control Engineer