Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the site tests, such as soil compaction, concrete slump, moisture content, aggregate, gradation, paint thickness, bolt torque, and concrete coring, etc.
• Review material submittals for conformity with the standards, specifications and contract documents.
• Check delivered materials and its conformance to the specifications and standard.
• Inspect material storage area.
• Inspect various facets of work on the construction site and perform continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes.
• Document non-conformance to specifications, codes and standards, and may be asked to participate in determining appropriate resolution.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma in Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the field in road construction laboratory works.
• Knowledge and experience using computer software.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.