Job description / Role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Plumbing design engineer to work within an internationally renowned consultant, working on large scale multidiscipline projects in a growing sector. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- To undertake Mechanical Building Services in Public health & Fire Fighting designs on international projects;
- Preparing technical mark ups/sketches for drafting by the CAD team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with Clients and Contractors
- Liaise with Local Statutory Authorities
- Technical Report writing
- Preparation of design calculations using industry standard software
- Preparation of technical specifications in Masterformat and NES
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload and workload of others
- Preparing and managing project budgets
- Engage in Multi discipline coordination and workshops
- Ensure Quality Assurance/Quality control processes have been incorporated in the design
- Raise enquiries during mechanical design development
- Review and develop established standard details and specifications with current market trends
- Manage production of standard mechanical details/specifications
- Technical responsibility for quality associated with mechanical design deliverables
- Review of all mechanical submissions to ensure consistency of approach across package
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Minimum BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering qualification
- 10 years of experience working in a design consultancy, preferably in the Middle East
- Proven experience working in a design consultancy specialized in Public health & Fire Fighting, capacity of a designer and technical authority having broad professional knowledge and experienced judgement
- Design knowledge in HVAC would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Local and International Codes and Regulations
- Good working knowledge in Sustainable designs. Having LEED qualifications would be an advantage
- Ability to develop technical specifications
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows and other Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD/Revit is beneficial
- Wider knowledge of integrated design and collaboration with other disciplines highly desirable
- Capable of working under pressure and on several projects simultaneously
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language with high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).