Job description / Role
Our Client, a well-regarded international construction company who operate globally, urgently requires an accomplished engineering professional with demonstrable experience working on major building projects, specialising in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing works.
The position will be UK based initially, then moved to Muscat, Oman where you will oversee the company’s projects in the Middle East. As such, previous experience working overseas would be advantageous, although this is not a pre-requisite.
• Work with the Design Director to ensure a fully coordinated and complete MEP design is delivered in a timely manner for procurement and construction activities.
• Understand the Contract terms and conditions for each project.
• Lead the Project Team and manage procurement of the supply chain to ensure delivery of the MEP on time, to budget and to quality standards across all projects.
• Ensure the interfaces between the MEP Contractor and other interfacing specialist contractors are managed effectively.
• Ensure external consultants are effectively managed to enable delivery of services on time and achieve and meet budget restraints.
• Lead the implementation and successful delivery of the Testing and Commissioning strategy.
• Work with the Construction Director to ensure a health and safety conscious environment, safety targets and standards are created and maintained throughout the design, construction and MEP installation phases.
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are maintained.
• Ensure Company image is upheld to the highest level.
• Ensure effective records are produced and maintained.
• Effectively report to Head Office project progress, risks, budget movement, anticipated claims and Client relationships.
• Ensure rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place.
• Ensure labour, plant and materials are efficiently managed throughout.
• Input effectively to the Produce Project Execution Plan in conjunction with each project director.
• Monitor document releases and drawing issues with the support of the office and site Document Controllers per project.
• Provide ongoing proactive technical support and technical solutions within the team.
• Attend regular client inspections of completed works and ensure defects identified are actioned in a timely manner.
• Assist with the recruitment and onboard process for key members MEP teams as required.
• Attend site to support the Project Directors where required.
• Problem solving and making decisions as required.
• Relevant qualification along with a stable tier 1 main contractor background delivering major projects.
• Experience working in a senior MEP management / director capacity.
• Previous experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams; procurement of MEP contractors, sub-contractors and specialist systems, plant and equipment; implementation of Testing and Commissioning strategy and leadership of site delivery teams are all essential.
• Previous hospital construction experience in a senior management position is essential with ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver a portfolio of major projects which meet all Client expectations.
The salary and package on offer is designed to attract the best. When based in the Middle East, the salary will be tax free and accompanied by a full expat package covering accommodation, transport, flights and medical insurance.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.