Job description / Role
• Coordinate with HR for disciplinary procedures.
• Carry out investigations of non-performance and disciplinary issues of cabin crew in accordance with regulations, make recommendation to MCLO and ensure that corrective action is taken with the crew.
• Counsel staff with regards to non-compliance of operational issues, attitude and absenteeism and explain to them the consequence of their performance.
• Track, recognize and encourage good performance
• Monitor and maintain productivity of cabin crew with 184 productivity days minimum per annum
• Monitor KPIs for cabin crew assigned
• Conduct yearly interview with cabin crew evaluating performance, discipline and career progression.
• Coordinate and control roster publishing for each cabin crew in his-her team, preventing tactical absenteeism’s
• Evaluate and recommend to MCLO disciplinary action to be taken against the under-performing staff.
• Provide concise reports on overall cabin crew performance to MCLO.
• Be a role model with a high level credibility and professionalism.
• At least once a year meet officially in person with every member of the assigned crew group to discuss motivation, absenteeism, performance, passenger and management appreciations; and career development.
• At least once a year organise joint meeting with SFS of the assigned crew group, in order to evaluate operational practices.
• Compile performance reports for individual crew from feedback received from Sickness-Attendance profile.
• Ensure that the standards, policies and procedures of the department are followed
• Maintain discipline with regard to punctuality, reporting sick, absenteeism and grooming of flight attendants
• Assist MCLO in completing annual staff appraisals and confirmation of employment of new crew.
• Monitor crew attendance - general welfare and implement necessary strategies to motivate as well as increase productivity in co-ordination with MCLO.
• Assist management in selecting new - experienced flight attendants as and when required
• Ensure proper knowledge of the crew on company policies, manuals and notices to crews.
• Provide MCLO with weekly reports and updates.
• Undertake any other duties as required by MCLO.
Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 02 years of relevant work experience preferably in a related field within the Aviation Sector.OR Two years college Diploma with 04 years of relevant work experience OR Specialised certificate / license in the related field preferably Cabin Crew License Holder with Secondary School and having 8 years of WY / Aviation experience of which 03 years as Senior Flight Supervisor Proficient in English (Spoken & Written)
• Proficient In MS Office
• Have the ability to influence others and promoting change
• Well organised and able to work as part of a team.
• Good understanding of crew functions cabin crew related issues and requirements.
• General knowledge of labor laws and legal proceedings.
• Knowledge of Flight Duty Time Limitation calculation and crew manuals.
• General knowledge of Airline corporate manuals & civil aviation rules.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.