Job description / Role
- Write, draft, edit and translate all WY related publications and communications material, which includes but not limited to the following;
• Social Media Sites (and monitor)
• TV & Radio Scripts
• Press Releases
• Drafts replies for various interviews conducted by different print and electronic media in coordination with the concerned parties.
- Various commercial-marketing-technical-governmental-media- communications.
- Audit reports, and appraisal reports and Agendas and minutes for different meetings.
- Assistance in translating text content for Wings of Oman and MyWy internal newsletter.
- Proof reading texts issued from CC&M to various internal and external organizations.
- Attend all Oman Air sponsored events for press statements and conduct interviews during the course of the event.
- Meetings with other departmental staff, HoDs for generation of press releases and content for internal newsletter.
- Liaising with MIS Finance and Network and Planning department for press statements.
- Coordinating and meeting with external and internal auditors for annual reports and other management related reports.
- Technical Coordination meetings with ministries and government offices.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by SM- CCM
Special Skills And Knowledge:
- Proficient in English & Arabic (Spoken & Written)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of an European language will be an advantage
- Be able to generate original copy ideas
- Be able to develop advertising concepts
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be highly creative and imaginative
- Work well in a team
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
Bachelor degree in related discipline having 02 years of relevant experience. OR Two years college Diploma in related discipline with 04 years of relevant experience OR Specialised certificate / license with Secondary school certificate having 08 years of WY / Aviation experience in similar functions
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.