Offshore Construction Manager
Job description / Role
• Responsible for the overall direction, completion and performance of the marine works and shore approach of the project.
• Direct and organize the offshore pipeline installation, SPM installation, PLEM installation, tie-in spool installation, navigation aids installation, water intake and outfall HDPE pipeline installation works performed by the EPC contractor.
• Monitor the project progress and quality of the works performed on site.
• Ensure that the project meets or exceeds financial objectives.
• Prepare the SOW for the subcontract package and source the subcontractor, review the technical proposal from the potential subcontractor.
• Review the installation engineering and construction methodology and procedure from subcontractor and make sure the construction is executed with a proper method.
• Monitor subcontractors’ performance.
• Lead and manage the EPC construction team and guarantee the site work performing well.
• Lead and manage the site subcontractor’s representative team and fielding engineering staff.
• Manage and mitigate subcontractor’s construction and commissioning work risks.
• Report variances and cause action to be taken to address negative variances.
• Coordinate daily and weekly works.
• Provide periodical reports to management and corporate.
• Coordinate and direct site personnel.
• Manage all offshore field operations and work.
• Maintain production and request action plans to subcontractors when major deviations are detected.
• Promote, ensure and enforce safety, quality and production is maintained in accordance to OSHA, ISO, NFPA and other standards and contract requirements.
• Coordinate corrective actions raised during HS&E audits in order to get effective solutions.
• Promote good morale of the team and ensure that all relevant personnel matters are handled in a correct and efficient manner.
• Coordinate logistics and deliveries at project site.
• Bachelor in Marine, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Construction or any other related Engineering degree.
• Master’s in Project Management is a plus.
• 12+ years of related experience in offshore construction works, construction of marine terminals, mooring systems, subsea pipelines, shore approaches or similar positions.
• Required to have a thorough working knowledge and experience on marine and subsea operations.
• Desirable to have experience and related knowledge on commissioning for oil terminals.
• Desirable to have knowledge on international port/marine and oil standards such as ISPS, DNV, ABS, ASME, API, among others.
• Desirable to have experience working in similar projects in middle east.
• Desirable to have experience working with and managing Marine Warranty Surveyors (MWS).
• Experience working in and directing teams.
• Experience managing interfaces between subcontractors.
• Experience with environmental, health, safety and security matters.
• High degree of integrity and understanding of ethical industry standards.
• Be an effective leader and communicator - strong verbal skills are required.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
• Experience with SPM(single point mooring) and subsea pipeline installation ,sea water intake and outfall pipeline installation performance standards is a plus.
• Must be willing to relocate in Duqm, Oman and live in offshore accommodations.
• International travel is likely.
About the Company
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd. (CPP) is committed to becoming a world-class, integrated service provider for oil and gas storage and transportation facilities. We adhere to our core values: challenging ourselves, cultivating a meticulous work ethic, promoting teamwork, promoting innovation, and ensuring safety and harmony. We are dedicated to providing quality services and creating value for our clients. We create wealth and value for our staff, and also serve the community.
We are constantly developing to meet global demand with our high-end, special, and differentiated services. Our business covers onshore and offshore pipelines, storage facilities, technical services for pipelines, telecommunications and electricity installation and maintenance, above-ground facilities for oilfields, LNG processing and receiver facilities, and refinery facilities. We are able to build and manage facilities throughout the lifecycle of the products，and can also provide one-stop service, from consultation, to surveying, to design, to procurement, to construction, to start-up, operation and maintenance; We also provide research and development services as well as machinery manufacturing for our clients.
We have built over 100,000 km of oil and gas pipelines, over 200 km of offshore pipelines, 32 million m3 of oil storage tanks, 26 million m3 of underground oil storage, 50 refining facilities, 22.5 million tons of LNG terminals and over 100 oilfield processing plants and telecommunication and electricity facilities. In 2017, we ranked 68th in ENR Top Global Contractors.
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|
Construction Engineer - Instrumentation & Telecommunication
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer