Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
As the Outside Plant Design you will be responsible of for Planning & Design of Ooredoo Oman's Outside Plant and Fiber Optic Network. The role covers to plan fiber links for the connectivity of Mobile Cell sites, prepare BoQ, evaluate contractors' offers and prepare Fiber Distribution Diagram (FDD).
You will be responsible of the following:
- Prepare standard design/Drawing for civil work such as trenching, duct, hand hole/manhole, Wadi crossings, road crossing etc. are done to quality standards and accurately reflect the work required
- Accomplish the necessary design work and prepare BoQ & PR templates for Fiber Optic Cable (FOC) infrastructure for the connectivity of cell site.
- Formulate & Generate Technical Specification of Fibre optic cable, ODF, joint closures, optical splitters etc.
- Conclude RfQ process with procurement for deployment of new FOC projects in Backbone & Metro.
- Normalize & correct BoQ's received from contractors and process Technical Evaluation.
- Ensure cost savings along with required quality wherever possible.
- Generate as planned drawings, Fiber Distribution Drawings (FDD) and BoQ/BoM for civil and cable works
- Optimize OSP design in collaboration with Network design teams (Transmission/Access)
- Review and approve the as-plan design received from contractors
- Arrange Change Order BoQ and PO in response to change in FOC route, change in scope (wherever necessary).
- Review and approve As built drawing and ensure accuracy of as-built drawings
- Ensure Outside plant Data integrity using GIS software
You should have a minimum of the following
- 10 years' experience in Telecommunication Industry with 5 - 7 years' experience in Outside Plant Planning & Implementation.
- Good Understanding of OSP/FOC Materials
- Working Knowledge of BoQ/BoM preparation
- GIS Software (Intergraph G/COMM, GeoMedia, Google Earth), MS Excel, Visio, AutoCAD
- ITU-T Standards
- Fiber Laying Techniques
- Fiber Optic ITU-T Standards
- SDH/DWDM, IP & GPON working knowledge
- Fluent in written and spoken English - Arabic a plus
- With a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics/Telecom)
- BOQ Preparation
- Technical Annexure
- RFQ Preparation and evaluation
- Feasibility study
- OSP Design Reviews
- Fiber Distribution Diagrams
- Communicating effectively
- Team Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem solving and decision making
- Results Orientation
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
- Passport-size photograph
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Transmission Backbone Planning Expert - 3 Months Contract
Engineer - Telecom
Manager, Infrastructure Planning
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Senior Engineer, Telecom Core Planning Architect
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Chief Technical Officer - Telco
HR Source Consulting