Job description / Role
• Responsible for setting up overseas meat sales operation in a country/region.
• Explore possible opportunities for strategic partnership for selling meat in different countries /region.
• Responsible for developing business strategy, business plan, business goals, logistics plan, and sales as per market demands of products.
• Responsible for achieving budgeted sales the Company’s products Meat Company’s in overseas market.
• Develop sales plans and achieve sales volume consistent with overseas sales projections and key accounts served.
• Grow business by identifying new accounts (UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, KSA, Vietnam, Hongkong etc.) for chilled & frozen products.
• Develop products specs, catalogue, required certificates and required commercial documents for submission to regulatory body or customers.
• Launch the new products in targeted market geographically across the regional & international markets.
• Monitor and analyse global sales – provide recommendations to drive growth
Plan Sales budgets and Products Price:
• Do sales forecast and develop sale budget for the overseas market.
• Develop and execute policies for managing the overseas sales operation
• Collect & analyse cost and price data for developing the pricing strategy
• Develop and implement pricing policies for different countries.
• Set products pricing based on current market rates and internal cost.
• Monitor & review the actual overseas sales reports on periodic basis to adjust the variance and corrections.
Introduce and launch new products in the market:
• Manage all new product launches activities as per the plan.
• Liaise with product development & market research team to provide necessary input for the development of new product.
• Provide necessary inputs to the marketing and branding team about the consumer preferences and market dynamics in different countries.
• Execute all promotional activities to drive sales of new product in overseas market
• Ensuring availability of products in country wise and their smooth logistics operations.
• Communications and Customer Relationship:
• Develop and maintain good relations with customers’ accounts by maintaining constant communicate of products category, order management, promotional information and product specifications.
• Periodic review of sales targets of all regional & international countries and communication of actionable and priorities for each quarter.
• Review sales plan targets, regional logistics plans, international logistics plans and clearance of consignment from ports with overseas sales specialist & updating any changes from time to time.
• Ensuring prompt resolution of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with abattoir manager and with corporate headquarters.
• Ensure the CAPA (corrective action & preventative action) measures, feedback and customers satisfaction through customer service officer are served.
• Ensure recovery of payments with finance team and close the book for order management.
• Ensure staff deputation to meet scheduled of Sales Targets
• Ensure the availability of an optimized workforce in terms of quantity and quality
• Contribute to the team, letting others know information that may be useful or important
• Creates a positive work environment
• Participate in management and supervisory meetings when required.
• Responsible for all people management related activities for the team.
• Give Importance to Safety, Health quality and Environment improvement etc.
• Ensures all HSE regulations are followed and up to date as per Oman standards.
• Liaison with Customer service specialist / Corporate sales office for SHE regulatory related laws for compliance.
OMR 1,800 to 2,300 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Experience of managing B2B & B2C meat sales operation in Oman
• Knowledge of the dynamics of the consumer -chilled & frozen meat products.
• Must have a good understanding of customer-focused and fact-based selling.
• Basic understanding of red meat regular & special cuts
• Understanding of pricing and competitive strategy in meat industry
• Experience in handling warehouse and distribution management of meat products.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Ability to handle both corporate and retail customers.
• Knowledge of logistic and distribution management of livestock.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning and adaptability.
• Valid Driver’s License
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.