Job description / Role
• QA/QC Inspector for painting.
• To manage the entire site operations covering surface preparation and application of coating and painting and inspecting all the paint applications with all the necessary painting instruments.
The work responsibilities includes:
• To attend client weekly progress meetings and appraise the work fronts required to carry out the job.
• To supervise the job on day to day basis and progress, as per the delivery schedules, as per the contract.
• To monitor the Q.C.P and the method statements and ensure strict implementation of quality standards as per the set parameters and conducting regular quality audits.
• To organize the required tools and tackles and maintain the optimum re – order level stocks and deploy the required man power as when required to the site.
• Responsible for monitoring all parameters during blasting and painting.
• Training the new employees in blasting and spray painting techniques.
• To monitor contracts taken by the company.
• Suggest the painters as well as the supervisors to maintain the required film thickness as well as the blasting profile and render technical services at sites..
• To look after the safety as well as the H.S.E.& P.P.E regulations for all the employees.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in sandblasting surfaces of ships in drydock and shop equipment: Confers with planning personnel to ensure requisition of equipment and materials.
• Inspects work to ensure conformance to prescribed standards.
• Trains new workers.
• Good background about scaffolding works.
• Certificate of painting inspector.
• Minimum 15 years experience.
• He worked as inspector as will as painting supervisor for not less than 10 years.
• High School diploma.
• Remove dirt, paint, grease, and other built-up material from surfaces.
• Set up and operate a blast booth or similar equipment.
• Load and unload the blast cabinet.
• Assist with painting or coating as needed.
• Apply and remove non-skid materials as needed.
• Experience painting a variety of surface types.
• Proficiency with technical machinery.
• Physical strength to operate machinery.
• Diligence and attention to detail.
• Excellent dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good verbal communication.
About the Company
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS) is a 100% Omani SME Limited Liability Company founded in year 2015. SOMS is one of the leading and rapidly growing industrial maintenance service company in the Sultanate of Oman certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001. We offer wide variety of industrial services in fields of; Energy (Power stations), Oil & Gas, Water & Waste Water Treatment (Desalination), Engineering Consultation, and Marine. With our wide range of expertise, we can offer the “correct” service with the highest quality in the market.