Job description / Role
The position for “Designer – Piping/Pipeline” is to support the Design & Drafting requirements of the Facilities Department comprising of multi-discipline engineering activities.
• Responsible to work independently and prepare Plot plans, Piping Layouts, Piping Isometric with MTO’s, Pipeline Drawings and Civil Drawings.
• Carry out drafting activities for multi-discipline (including Process, Civil, Pipeline, Piping, Electrical & C&A) with assistance from engineers.
• Capable to self-check the design drawings prepared and issue for construction with minimum support from engineers.
• Carry out site-visits to prepare sketches and gather as-built information, as / if required.
• Diploma / degree in drafting / designing with Auto Cad.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience with designing and drafting in the oil and gas industry.
• Knowledgeable about Plot plans, Piping Layouts, Piping Isometric with MTO’s , Pipeline Drawings and Civil Drawings.
• Knowledge of material used for Piping / Pipelines and construction methods.
• Exposure to or experience with other areas of designing / drafting such as instrumentation, control & automation, telecommunications and electrical.
• Must be a team worker able to work on a multicultural team and prepared to assist as circumstances dictate.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.