Job description / Role
We are searching for a well-organized self-starter with great attention to detail to join our team as the new planning engineer. Day-to-day responsibilities include drawing up work schedules and budgets, delegating tasks, analyzing project specifications and finding cost-effective ways to meet them, liaising with contractors and suppliers, managing resources, and communicating with surveyors, managers, and other engineers. You should be able to analyze data, write reports, and deliver presentations to various stakeholders.
• To be successful as a planning engineer, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of the relevant Engineering discipline and be able to anticipate problems.
• Outstanding planning engineers should have great attention to detail and be able to handle stress well.
• Understanding project specifications and developing time schedules and budgets that meet them.
• Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best prices.
• Observing existing processes, analyzing staff performance, and addressing deficiencies accordingly.
• Monitoring and tracking project progress, and writing up reports.
• Attending and scheduling meetings as required.
• Delegating tasks and ensuring workers receive feedback.
• Understanding and meeting all contract requirements.
• Communicating with managers, supervisors, and the rest of the team.
• Analyzing technical drawings and providing material and cost estimates.
• Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budgets.
• Good experience in planning and executing the project. Ex: Painting, sand blasting, scaffolding, maintenance works, pipeline construction activities, boiler insulation works
• Desired Candidate Profile
• Degree in Engineering or similar.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Planning and project management skills.
• Strong multitasking abilities.
• A valid driver's license.
• Strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
• A sound understanding of safety protocols.
• Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS) is a 100% Omani SME Limited Liability Company founded in year 2015. SOMS is one of the leading and rapidly growing industrial maintenance service company in the Sultanate of Oman certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001. We offer wide variety of industrial services in fields of; Energy (Power stations), Oil & Gas, Water & Waste Water Treatment (Desalination), Engineering Consultation, and Marine. With our wide range of expertise, we can offer the “correct” service with the highest quality in the market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||19 Dec|
Sr. Planning Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jan|
One Thousand Walls
Planning Engineer (Tankage)
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jan|