Job description / Role
• Preparation of Baseline Project Planning Package – including WBS, Baseline Schedule using Primavera, Resource Loading, S-Curves, Progress Measurement and a Schedule Basis Memorandum.
• Developing and maintain detailed Project schedules for Engineering, Procurement and Construction phases.
• Collect periodic updates and prepare daily, weekly and monthly updates of the Project Schedule and Progress Measurement including reforecasting of Schedule and Resources.
• Ensure active engagement of project team members through assigning of daily, weekly and monthly tasks/targets through look ahead schedules.
• Implement KPI reporting – productivity and progress to support forecast of time and cost by offering trend information.
• Prepare mitigation recommendations and schedules to offset project delays and ensure completion of Works on time, to budget and accordance with company safety policies.
• Create Schedule variance reports at least monthly.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports (Internal / External).
• Prepare basic Schedule Analysis for contractual claims.
• Support cost estimating team when pricing impacts of change.
• Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
• To ensure all contract planning operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
• Cooperation and liaison with the company’s Operations Manager to ensure sound planning operation of all ongoing projects to ensure successful outcomes of all operations.
• To aid in the ongoing continuous improvement of planning and project controls systems and procedures which ensure contract requirements are met and the company’s position is protected in all ongoing trading activities.
• To set a positive, professional example to all subordinate staff and demonstrate good leadership supporting the company’s core values .
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements .
• To be a key contributor within the risk management process.
• And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager.
• BE in Civil engineering
• Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (PMP, CIOB etc)
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in civil and infrastructure, ideally with Marine experience.
• Held previous roles such as Sr. Planner / Sr. Project Controls Engineer / Lead Planner.
• Experience in Primavera 6.0
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Planning & Cost Control Engineer
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 Apr|
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Section Engineer - Scheduler
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Planning & Scheduling Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|