Job description / Role
My client is one of the largest Contractors in the GCC who specialise in large scale construction projects across the region.
As part of their long-term growth strategy, they are urgently looking for a Planning Manager for their civil division in Oman who has extensive experience working for a large contractor. The successful candidate MUST have previous experience in a similar role with the required knowledge.
• Leads a team of planning, cost and scheduling engineers and ensure that the implementation of the company’s policies and procedures are relevant to planning & scheduling and cost control function.
• Reviewing the baseline program and recovery time schedules for new and ongoing projects and provide in coordination with other departments and estimation of each project resources’ requirements and time durations and establishing time and cost control requirements
• Carries out thorough analysis of updated project time schedules and evaluate the progress of each project against its approved baseline as of the date of update.
• Monitors the contractual aspects relevant to time schedules in each contract and notifies with valuable remarks.
• Preparing projected cash flow within the project scope of work
• Designs, sets, implements and maintain a system for periodically tracking the progress of all projects under his command.
• Receives and ensures the accuracy of the progress information provided by site based planning and scheduling Engineers.
• Developing project controlled budget, execution plans, procedures and update quarterly cost-to-complete and risk register
• Prepares/Review full report on the progress of projects under his command along with an Earned Value Management analysis for each project as well as a full report on the manpower, material and equipment resource pool in his unit for management, addressing any significant variances in budget expenditures together with recommendations for corrective action (Procurement Schedule)
• Advising the project and construction managers on the time/cost impacts of initiating change requests
• Review, Assess Extension of Time (EOT) claims based on Window Analysis, Time Impacted Program and maintain change log for respective projects.
• Attends to Client’s requirements and transactions relevant to planning and scheduling including negotiation on time extension, approval of time schedules and similar matter
• Understanding/ Analysis of MIS & Preparation of overall yearly budget for Direct and Indirect manpower
• Awareness of advanced construction techniques and be part of change management
• Attending monthly meetings of various projects overseen by the project manager and the client representatives
• Prepare and present the weekly progress presentation to the client, high management, and executives
• Participates in the tendering stage (with Pre-contract team for new projects by providing scheduling support and advice on time related risks
• A graduate in Civil Engineering from a reputed Institution having experience working with Contracting companies especially in Gulf
• 15-20 years of experience with minimum 8-10 years in GCC, with last 5 years in similar position
• Excellent in Primavera scheduling and good knowledge of construction contracts.
• Demonstrated working experience in complex construction projects such as High end Hospitality, Mixed use commercial, residential and semi-infra projects and meeting delivery requirements and must have handled 5 to 6 projects at a time.
• Full understanding of performance measurement methodologies, earned value techniques and project scheduling and cost management
• Experience in using industry standard project controls software (ERP) and cost accounting and earned value packages
• Significant experience in claims identification, claims management and risk management
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with Client, Consultants and other stakeholders
• Leadership skills, supervisory skills, and the ability to adapt project controls principles into a multi company environment
About the Company
Sinopack was created with one vision: to become the market leading recruiter for the Gulf construction market. Over the years, Sinopack has developed and nurtured relationships with the worlds leading Contractors, Developers, Project Management Consultancies and Architecture and Design practices. This has resulted in immediate, unrivalled access to the markets key decision-makers - giving exceptional candidates a distinct advantage.
With over 10 years experience exclusively recruiting internationally, Sinopack not only has an in-depth understanding of the global construction market but also a wealth of market knowledge that allows us to provide excellent service to our clients and candidates.
Senior Head of Planning / Scheduling (Multiple Projects)
|Abu Dhabi||13 Feb|
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Controls Manager
Orion Engineering Services
Project Planning Engineer
A Leading Architectural Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Feb|
Project Control Manager