Job description / Role
You will be directly responsible of the PMV (Plant, Machinery and Vehicles) preventative maintenance, repair and fabrication activities so that they remain roadworthy and safe, according to the organisation’s procedures and processes.
These activities include; Coordinating with the PMV Head Office and Project managers to ensure timely and efficient maintenance/repairing procedures. Managing spares/lubes/tires and consumables stock levels and placing orders when needed in a smart and proper way, tracking orders, liaising with procurement and logistic teams to ensure safe and on time delivery to avoid maintenance/repair delays. Responsible of recording maintenance and repair history for PMV including costing.
• Prepare/Implement and follow PMV preventative Maintenance schedule
• Troubleshooting and repairing of PMV.
• Managing planned maintenance, repair, welding and fabrication activities.
• Manage store Stock levels, spare parts, lubes, tires and consumables and order when needed.
• Prepare and track material requisitions for fastest delivery
• Prepare daily reports
• Prepare monthly cost reports
• Coordinate logistic activities with relevant departments
• Ensue that PMV are always in a roadworthy and safe condition
• Ability to prepare Method Statements for Maintenance activities when required
• Manage/Coordinate erection of Stationary plants at site
Management & Leadership Responsibilities;
• Manage the workshop team at site including Foreman,Mechanics,Electrician,Tireman
• Updating and monitoring PMV documentation
• Establish good relationship with clients
• 8+ years in PMV Engineer role, within a Construction Contracting business
• Experience in Maintenance and repair of earthmoving equipment, batching plants, crushing and screening plants..,
• Excellent communications skills.
• BA in Mechanical Engineering.
• 3+ years’ experience working within the GCC.
• Good Microsoft Office command.
• ERP systems experience.
• Detail oriented and Driven
• Willing to work in remote areas
• Previous experience working in remote area
• Previous experience working in a multicultural environment
• Previous experience working with high profile clients
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Workshop Manager - Plant / Machinery
|Saudi Arabia||3 Dec|