Job description / Role
• You will be responsible of preparing procurement plans, purchase orders and subcontract agreements according to the organization’s procedures and processes, negotiating suppliers, tracking orders, liaising with inventory and logistic teams to ensure safe and on time delivery, manage subcontract agreements and prepare technical submittals.
• You will also work with staff across sites to forecast the requirement of the projects and prepare the procurement plan and make purchase decisions accordingly, secure the best prices according to budget and negotiate terms and conditions to ensure best interest of the organisation.
• Prepare material list for the project
• Identify long lead items
• Prepare procurement plan
• Prepare and submit procurement report
• Send RFQs (request for quotation)
• Prepare technical bid analysis
• Prepare commercial bid analysis
• Prepare technical submittals
• Evaluate suppliers/subcontractors
• Negotiate and finalize deals
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions
• Ensure that best value of money is achieved
• Prepare P.Os
• Prepare subcontract agreements
• Manage subcontracts
• Maintain a supplier/subcontractor register
• Coordinate logistic activities for local material deliveries and imported materials deliveries (expediting)
• Coordinate between projects, suppliers and accounts regarding payments to avoid any material delivery suspension
• Prepare cash flow requirement report which will be submitted to finance on biweekly basis (or when needed)
Management & Leadership:
• Responsible to support procurement officers, procurement engineers and Procurement Assistants as and when required
• 10+ years in procurement Engineer role, within a Construction Contracting business
• BSc (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• 8+ years’ experience working within the GCC
• Experience in large scale projects i.e. $50 million+
• Expert in Microsoft Office
• ERP systems experience
• Good communications skills
• Strong influencing & negotiation skills
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability