Job description / Role
• To plan and manage an effective process for procuring/outsourcing of materials and services and ensure availability of all technical and non-technical materials, equipment, spare parts and services at all times.
• Maintain an economic order procedure to ensure that Procurement function avails effective programs for managing purchases.
• Monitor and supervise the execution of the established procedures to ensure corporate compliance for procurement of any items (spare parts, equipment etc.) and assess commercial procurement risks involved.
• Verify material requisitions and perform preliminary enquiries
• Liaise with initiator to analyze the requirements to ensure completeness and accuracy of technical specifications an standards and inform initiators of the estimated cost and possible delivery dates.
• Prepare and issue amendments to order wherever there is a change in specifications or quantity in coordination with initiators/supervisors/manager to ensure that approval is acquired immediately.
• Manage the purchase orders and follow up on suppliers, shipping clearance, supplier transportation, and payments and update the database and complete the documentation process.
• Gather and maintain market information regarding availability and cost of products and equipment and provide it to users for referencing, project development and budgetary purposes.
• Prepare and submit monthly procurement reports and monitor the progress of the issuance and approval of letter of credit, advance payment arrangement, packing list, proforma invoice and import-export documentation as per the established procedures.
• Plan and develop the requirements for winter maintenance spare parts, equipment, hardware and consumables in coordination with Different functions to obtain and provide the estimation and budget allocations for the requisitions.
• Identify and plan for expenses during the year in alignment with business objectives and priorities.
• Provide inputs in finalizing the budget for the department/section and monitor budget continuously.
• Highlight and prepare a business case for deviations from budget/expenditures on unplanned activities.
• Communicate the overall business plan and focus areas for the business and clarify the manner in which the team will contribute to overall business objectives; translate the business plan into team/departmental objectives.
• Delegate responsibilities and tasks to team members with clear timelines and expectations on quality; make available the requisite resources to perform the job.
• Review performance in an objective, fair, and transparent manner and hold people accountable for performance; create development plans in line with employee aspirations and company objectives.
• Identify the business need for establishing a process and provide inputs in defining and documenting it; assign accountabilities within the team for managing the process.
• Adhere to internal processes and encourage adherence from team members; recognize the need for modifications to existing processes and share them with appropriate teams.
• Treat IT security with the utmost importance and adhere to ISO standards and aspects on IT security.
• Understand the HSE standards of the company and adhere to them at all times.
• Adhere to all Company policy and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree Procurement Management, Finance, etc.
• At least 10 years’ experience, preferably in FMCG Industry.
• Familiarity and working experience with procurement systems is highly desirable.
• Ability to work in pressure.
• Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work
• Excel and Word proficient.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good command of English / Arabic Language and good verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.