Job description / Role
The Purpose of the role is to manage cost and supplier risks for all direct and indirect material and services for Oman. The primary objective of the role is to provide Strategic and Tactical procurement support for the current operations in Oman .Some of the major categories that will be managed by the individual are site services, facility management, office consumables, logistics, utilities, plant maintenance, spares, large capital equipment and site construction. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the plant managers and other local stakeholders with all procurement requirements and will be responsible to address all questions related to procurement process. The person will act as a relationship manager with certain business group and stakeholders to ensure that procurement is fully engaged with the business and service levels are maintained.
Spend Managed - 7 to 10 million USD
Annual Savings Delivered - 0.5 million USD
Regions - Oman
• Deliver year on year cost reduction and beat inflation costs that contributes to the regional target.
• Develop framework agreements, discuss terms and conditions with suppliers, and negotiate prices. Work with legal team to ensure that all commercial and legal risks are mitigated through appropriate commercial and legal clauses.
• Issue purchase orders and resolve any invoice queries with suppliers where applicable.
• Minimise supply risks by proactively identifying high risk suppliers and deploying a risk mitigation plan.
• Drive supplier relation management initiatives with critical suppliers to extract the best value through partnership and driving supplier innovation.
• Develop category plans and drive execution of the plan for cost reduction, risk reduction and process improvement.
• Develop and manage relationship with internal stakeholders, understand capex plans, productivity programs and business demand. Develop strategies and category plans, share and communicate with the stakeholders and provide regular updates.
• Undertake regular spend analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings.
• Manage deadlines and priorities workload to support project shutdowns.
• Participate in all service level review agreements for the major existing contracts with suppliers and resolve all commercial issues.
• Identify areas for improvement in procurement to pay process or any other process related to the specific category, propose and implement the required change for improvements.
• Manage and resolve any conflicts with existing suppliers related to service performance or other issues such as invoice discrepancy.
• Develop relationship with stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensuring procurement is engaged early in the buying process.
• Use the right procurement tools such as SAP for purchase orders and other spend analysis and other mandatory tools/system recommended by the central Procurement Process enablement team.
• Provide guidance on procurement processes and advise the stakeholders to use the right procurement tools.
• Take steps and drive initiatives to ensure that majority of the spend is managed and controlled by Procurement.
• Ensure that all supply agreements are renewed in time.
• Develop and lead qualification of new suppliers to improve costs of the material and service procured for the business.
• Drive innovation and creativity in procurement with initiatives such as sustainable sourcing. Keep on top of external trends and best practices with the relative categories and use the external knowledge to drive changes within Air Products.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with 7-10 years of relevant experience supply chain
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated, demonstrate ability to work effectively with minimal direction, and good analytical skills.
• Able to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities, planning, and follow-up skills in a multi-tasking environment.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation.
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Capable of handling detailed and complex contract negotiations.
• Experience in leading and developing sourcing strategies, understanding commercial and legal purchasing terms and conditions.
• Good understanding and experience in managing categories such as site construction (civil, scaffolding, installation, craneage and others), capital equipment, maintenance and spares, FM, logistics, utilities.
• Understanding of commercial terms and conditions of purchase.
• Drafting and implementing supplier agreements, appraising their performance against KPI’s.
• Leading Supplier relationship management program.
• SAP experience will be desirable.
• Positive attitude and passion to drive a step change.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Green Gulf Careers
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||12 Jan|
Buyer / Procurement Officer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Procurement Manager - Mechanical Wastewater Project