Job description / Role
Our Procurement Supervisor has responsibility for leading and coordinating day-today operations of Procurement. You will direct and coordinate the procurement of materials, components, supplies, and services essential to the operation of a product group. This includes identifying and implementing best-in-class sourcing practices which align to corporate objectives. You will provides leadership, mentoring, and training as well as supporting centralized company procurement policies and practices.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Review purchase order requisitions for completeness and accuracy
• Work with global category managers to develop a sourcing strategy for high value orders
• Issue request for quotes to approved suppliers
• Prepare and issue purchase orders
• Negotiate best value and monitor order progress maximizing OTD performance
• Actively communicate with internal and external contacts
• Drive improvements in lead time, cost and customer service as well as proactively responding to changing customer demands
• Insure compliance to export requirements and Trade Compliance policies
• Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of problems associated with invoices.
• Work closely with the onsite team and assigned regional buying teams to identify standardization / efficiency opportunities and share best practices.
• Balance delivery of day to day activities with proactively identify and resolve issues and concerns
• Perform other duties as assigned with highest standard of business ethics while conforming to Weatherford Quality and Procurement Policy, as well as other applicable policies and procedures
• CPM or CPIM certification.
• 5-10 Years experience in Supply Chain Management
• Experienced in Material Resource Planning (MRP)
• Adaptable to change and responsive to direction.
• Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
• Experience with developing contracts and negotiations.
• Strrong Negotiation Skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Knowledge of raw materials: pipe, tube, flat rolled steel, castings and rubber molded products.
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
Procurement and Facility Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Assistant Procurement Manager - FF&E
Senior Procurement Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 Mar|
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|