Job description / Role
The primary function of the role is to plan, organize and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard. To meet organizational production goals, develop new ways for production and system.
• Plan, direct, organize and coordinate overall production operations and activities of product manufacturing and production control to streamline the systems and improve material flow.
• Conduct a meeting for the production and quality goals, company wide profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Plan and manage resources to meet the company’s strategic plan.
• Manage the production planning and ensure smooth strategic operation.
• Monitor the weekly production plan and ensure that implementation of production planning is delivered on expected time without interrupting other production requisitions.
• Participate in the implementation of company's policies and goals.
• Approve weekly production plan for regular products for best utilization of production plant and available resources.
• Approve annual production plan in coordination with Supervisor Production Planning and Control, all Production In-Charge and all department heads.
• Ensure smooth operation of the factory by monitoring, planning and coordinating with concerned departments and production.
• Participate in management discussions and planning sessions to help formulate cost reduction, product improvement, and problem solving activities.
• Ensure timely production of high quality products at minimal operating cost for timely delivery to customers.
• Control all production process to maximize production efficiency and minimizing cost of product while meeting standard operating procedures.
• Minimize the production cost through constructive analysis to determine losses and recommend corrective and preventive actions.
• Calculate and conduct constructive analysis on all variances such as material usage, direct labour rate and variable overhead.
• Monitor the safety in the production area and ensure that workers strictly observe the procedures and guidelines to guarantee a safe and healthy working environment.
• Assist in the improvement, prevention and control of health, safety and environment.
• Responsible for the overall safety performance of the plant and ensure safety programs and procedures are followed.
• Ensure the plant is operated with employee safety at all times.
• Manage production by monitoring and liaising with concerned departments to ensure on-time delivery.
• Supervise and provide guidelines to the personnel of production department.
• Supervise and provide any technical guidance, training and staff development; interviewing, selecting unit employees and evaluating employee performance.
• Assess the value of returned goods from customer and suggest appropriate reduction percentage on buy back from customers.
• Prepare budgets for the production section in coordination with all production staff, Technical Manager and get it for discussed with departmental Managers and Managing Director.
• Review and approve production department related documentation and reports.
• Prepare reports of every section in production to be reviewed by Technical Manager and Managing Director.
• Review and provide recommendation on Plant and Machinery Appraisal Report for purchases of new production plants for production sections.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or any related course from reputable university.
• Worked at least ten (10) years as Production Manager from reputable paint manufacturing company or similar field equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Specialized in production of Emulsion, Enamel, NC, and Powder Coatings.
• Excellent communication in Arabic and English both oral and written.
• Knowledge of Paint production.
• Able to handle staff in the factory.
• Communication skills.
• Strong People Development and Leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills Team player and good time management
• Self -Motivated and goal-oriented
Applicants who are presently working in Oman and who have NOC to transfer their jobs would be given first preference. Apply with your detailed CV.
About the Company
Potential Max is a new age consultancy aimed at enhancing personal creativity and productivity, personal and professional growth as well as knowledge transfer and potential development among mid and senior level employees and professionals. Potential Max operates in 5 broad areas. These are: - Executive Recruitment - HR Services - Business Coaching and Executive and Life coaching - Training and Development - Retail Consultancy services. Based in the United Arab Emirates, Potential Max addresses the needs of clients across the Middle East as well as the Indian sub continent.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Policy and Assurance Manager