Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
To operate the total integrated Production system and execute assigned basic work tasks (operate) within defined scope and budget and under broad supervision, ensuring that production and environmental targets are realized in a safe and efficient manner whilst maintaining operational integrity of the assets.
• Operate all production assets ted in a safe and efficient manner, in line with agreed plant Operating philosophies, and in line with current Production procedures and practices.
• Check all Lock open/Lock close valve registers are current.
• Tests all producing wells, and the measurement of gas, condensate/oil and water production on a daily basis
• Maintain Overrides Log and handover status report.
• Provide inputs into the 90-day and 14-day planning cycles.
• Take effective action to control emergencies and contain hazards within area of responsibility.
• Execute individual activities according to the schedule / plan as provided.
• Support the development of Assistant or Trainee Operators in the team.
• Order spare parts and consummables to maintain an adequate supply for use in the area
• and keep record of same.
• Contribute to the Commissioning requirements as a member of the integrated commissioning team prior to start-up.
• Keep relevant documentation in the stations up to date and readily available for use.
• Log all relevant data relating to the production of Hydrocarbons - for entry into the Production Management System
• Report to Sr. Operator on daily activities, work progress, facility Integrity and Lock Valve register.
• Ensure healthy safeguarding systems are maintained and functional, or a notification is raised, to ensure minimum AI-PSM / production interruption incidents occur.
• Certified Permit to Work applicant and comply with the HSE rules and PTW systems before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings and tool box talks.
• Certified Appointed Person (AP) to carry out low voltage single feeder electrical isolation and de-isolation activities as stipulated under PR-2331 as and when required to do so.
• Ensure that Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM), as defined in the Procedural Manual, are undertaken and executed.
• Working in a high H2S / Temperature environment
• To implement innovative and cost effective production techniques on a diverse facility range.
• Ability to work in a challenging and stressful environment thoughout the commissioning and start-up of the project.
• Working in Day/Night shift.
• Working in complex sour facility including novel and complex units such as steam (with power generation), CLAUS Sulphur Plant and Cansolv tail gas clean up.
• HND/HNC /ONC/OND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline and a range of between 3 to 6 years field experience.
• A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices, especially in Sour Oil/ Sour Gas/ CLAUS SRU and.
• Knowledge of computer skills, valid driving license, good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
• Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations, familiar with PTW, confined space, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
• Physically able to climb stairs, operate valves, pumps, and compressor and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
• Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions.
Key Job Competences
• Operate Oil systems and processes - Skill
• Operate Gas systems and processes - Skill
• Operate Process utilities and processes - Skill
• Operate export lines and facilities - Skill
• Operate steam generations systems and processes - Skill
• Operate Water treatment plant - Skill
• Operate tanks and vessel drainage systems - Skill
• Trouble shoot process system and facilities upsets - Skill
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.