Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
To operate the daily total integrated Production system and ensuring that production targets are realized and operating facilities are operated within their operating envelop. This include assuming the role he/she is authorised to mobilise area fire and medical emergency services and authorized to remotely shutdown equipment and stations if emergency situation demands.
• Responsible for starting up and shutting down plant operations under normal conditions as well as under emergency conditions.
• Troubleshoots and diagnose process upsets in process units, systems, equipment
• Responsible for detailed and very comprehensive reports on all operations and existing conditions.
• Responsible for reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during the daily work schedule with recommendations for new approaches.
• Responsible for the overseeing and daily integrity of all operational equipment for the safety of all employees and neighboring communities where and when they apply.
• Responsible for the assessment and the initiative during an emergency that a contingency plan is always ready to put into place.
• Reports equipment malfunctions directly to the Production Supervisor
• Maintains safety and efficiency of central control room equipment and associated logs.
• Collects and presents data regarding equipment functionality.
• Implements shut down, isolation, depressurizing and cleaning procedures as required for maintenance and equipment repairs.
• Delivers on-spec hydrocarbon exports, ensuring adherence to safety regulations and production plans.
• Conducts hands-on training and competence assessments on new CCR operators according to CA&A system
• Develop and update Competence Assessment Plan for new control room operators and execute the same
• Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System, tools and procedures
• Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed according to their criticality level
• HND/HNC/ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and a minimum of 15 years field experience
• Skill of Oil/Gas production operations systems (minimum of L3 competency license)
• At least 10 years relevant experience in E&P especially in Sour Oil/Sour Gas/Steam Generation facilities
• Good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices
• Knowledgeable of HSE and process safety requirements
• Possesses valid driving license and organizing and team skills
• Skilled in computer aided operations, maintenance and communication systems (DCS, SAP and office)
• Good oral and written Technical English capability (communication skills)
• Competence Assessor – D32/33, A1
• Quick adaptation to new non- conventional production system- Safe Operation of a complex Oil and Gas in order to meet daily production targets and improve plant up-time
• Wide range of data inputs & sources from different production facilities, control systems with requiste ability and competence for Production System Controller to quickly decipher relevancy and undertake prompt action.
• Undertake training and coaching of new hires/joiners
• Mentally alert, quick thinking and fast responses to critical process upsets and normalization
• Proactive optimization of production and work processes/flow to analyze and minimize trends/events leading to process upsets and weakening of AI-PSM barriers.
• Sound understanding of the cutting edge technology deployed in the central control centre and its latest instrumentation
• Required to be assessed, certified and licensed on a regular basis
Key Job Competences
• Control Room Operations - Skill
• Operate the PTW system - Skill
• Risk Assessment - Skill
• Critical Operations procedures - Knowledge
• Management of major emergencies - - Knowledge
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.