Job description / Role
A senior management position i.e. Project Commercial Lead, to provide senior 'hands on' management responsibilities required within a high profile & value project, commencing in Dibba, Oman.
You will be responsible for contract administration, measurement, valuation & cost forecasting and risk. Overall responsible for the management and administration of the commercial aspects of contracts both prime contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company internal controls, policies, local legal requirements and recognised good practice.
• Review and administer contracts and contract changes, accurate preparation of monthly contract reviews and contractual claims.
• Provide oversight for valuing completed work and arranging payments.
• Performing risk, value management, cost control and cost forecasting.
• Preparing and submitting reports as per the Contract and internal requirements – to be reviewed by PM.
• Providing correspondence on contractual matters.
• Lead negotiations with clients for all contract and commercial matters in terms of monthly valuations, variations, terms and conditions.
• Compilation, management and negotiations of contractual claims both up and downstream and able to undertake claims avoidance measures.
• To ensure all contract commercial operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
• Cooperate and liaise with the Project’s Project Manager to ensure sound commercial operation of all ongoing contracts to ensure successful financial outcomes of all operations.
• Cooperate with the Company’s Corporate Commercial Manager and provide regular updates.
• Manage, develop and support assigned contract and commercials subordinates.
• And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager and Functional Manager.
Management & Leadership:
• To aid in the ongoing continuous improvement of commercial management systems and procedures which ensure contract requirements are met and the company’s position is protected in all ongoing trading activities.
• To set a positive, professional example to all subordinate staff and demonstrate good leadership supporting the company’s core values.
• BSc. Quantity Surveying or BE graduate (Civil)
• 12+ years relevant experience in civil and infrastructure.
• Held previous roles such as Project Commercial Lead or Commercial Manager.
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Due to location this position is not suitable for Family Status
• Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (RICS, MCIarb, CIOB etc)
• Msc or LLM is advantageous
• 3+ years of working experience in the Middle East
• Good people management experience
• Previous field experience
• Experience of working on large scale construction projects
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability