Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A business graduate with at least 2 years of course administration experience in the professional training services (combination of internships / part-time / full-time jobs is acceptable)
- High level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with Excel, Word, MS Project and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Administrate or other CRM platforms will be a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Arabic speaker will be a plus
- Excellent business writing skills
- Well-developed administrative skills in order to set up and maintain systems so as to provide efficient service
- Professional yet approachable manner
- Meticulous and accurate approach with high attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Flexibility in working hours (evenings, weekends as and when required)
- Provides support to the Project Manager in managing projects
- Liaises with the operations team for lecturers' availability and materials requirements
- Maintains internal documentation on project management
- Formats and edits learning materials
- Ensures technical and content accuracy of documentation
- Coordinates publication and distribution of learning materials
- Assists in preparation, distribution and summary of attendance reports, feedback forms, certificates
- Maintains accurate records on ADM and LMS
- Responsible for arranging logistics for the project teams and SMEs for the delivery of the courses/programme (flights, hotels, transportation)
- Provides general admin support
- Conducts research and adds to the existing library of resources/e-books
- Assist SME in the programme content development by researching relevant content within the PwC resources (white papers/publications)
- Course administration activities including:
• Initiating opening of job codes
• Summarizing course evaluation/feedback
• Preparing progress reports related to all client projects.
• Preparing Course Billing Instruction (CBI)
• Registration in client portal
• Uploading of invoices in client portal
• Arranging logistics for the trainer - booking flights and hotel
• Adding courses in the ADM and updating the attendance in the ADM
• Formatting client deliverable such as course materials (trainer slide, participant workbook, post course reports)
• Visa processing of SME and relevant resources
• Summarize course/programme evaluation report and prepare post course reports
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.