Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be working for one of prestigious Poultry Companies in the Sultanate of Oman. Project Manager/Engineer is responsible for the liaisons between the project developer, lead consultants, contractors and various other stakeholders for completing project deliverables, meeting deadlines and objectives diligently and in a timely manner on quality and on budget.
Key Personal Responsibilities
• Handles and manages all deliverables relating to the project from design and construction, including cost control, budgetary discipline and schedule management.
• Manages two to five simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases.
• Effective coordination Engineering designs including planning, execution and ensure that activities are completed on schedule, quality and within budget
• Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements and providing accurate forecasting.
• Participate in engineering package reviews during the selection, define and execute phases of the projects and provide constructive input to the Management and Executives
• Effective management of construction and operations personnel/teams to review the design packages early in the course of projects to eliminate any variations, rework to optimize construction.
• Proactive identification, management and resolution of project risks and issues.
• Manages and monitors progress to ensure scheduled milestones are understood and are being met. Sets up alerts for all important contractual and milestone dates
• Coordinates between the contractor and the project lead to resolve field discrepancies in design packages and material delays.
• Reviews contractor work performance and project status updates.
• Administer project’s “Management-of-no-Change” process for scope, schedule and budget impacts for approval.
• Network and effective communication with various departments to ensure all appropriate permits and regulations are followed.
• Ensures all HSE regulations are followed and up to date as per Oman standards.
Work deliverables are items deemed necessary to manage and control project work.
These deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate solutions between the Lead consultant, construction contractor, construction supervisor and the project team to address discrepancies in design packages and material delays.
• Verifies critical path and interfaces between design/ engineering/ procurement/execution
• Monitors progress periodically and compare it with the baseline planning
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
• With completing project management experience including civil, mechanical and engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years related field and project planning experience.
• Poultry project experience will be an added advantage.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Applications (Projects, Word, Excel and Outlook).
• A good mastery of project management software an added advantage.
• Any tools in Engineering/software will be an added advantage
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE