Job description / Role
As Project Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of managing an implementation of FreeBalance Government Accountability Software using solid project management principles and applying technology to government business operations. Key to the Project Manager position is the ability to demonstrate previous experience with implementation, project management and working with key stakeholders.
• Management of a project software implementation
• Maintain strong and positive relationship with government representatives and government officials
• Use effective leadership skills to direct all phases of programs from inception through completion to include planning, evaluating whether working as a team or independently
• Plan and execute the programs/projects to meet the contractual obligations of the contract, controlling the project scope, schedule and budget
• Follow through invoices and payments due to FreeBalance
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope, including meeting the project schedules and WBS tasks, submitting quality deliverables and maintaining the projects responsibility matrix
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Assess and minimize our exposure and risk on project
• Work closely with the customer providing status updates to senior officials including project steering committee
• Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
• Ensure project documents are complete prior to submission to the customer and stored appropriately
• Manage subcontractors and deliverables
• Manage program execution to include internal/external process improvement
• Provide mentoring for project management best practices and techniques
• Must have University Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, Public Accounting, Economics or equivalent
• Masters in Public Management, Financial Management or Information Technology considered an asset
• Professional designation in Project Management, Public Management, or Financial Management considered an asset
• Must have experience on ERP and MUST have experience handling government projects
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in the implementation of Financial Management Systems
• Experience in the creation and execution of change management related to Financial Management Systems considered an asset
• Strong presentation skills and experience with executive-level communications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English and Arabic. Other languages considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
About the Company
The foundation of smart government is good governance. This can only be accomplished with sound fiscal management and citizen engagement.
FreeBalance builds the only smart management solution powered by and built exclusively for government with these principles in mind: Accountability, Transparency, Good governance.
Customers are at the core of everything we do. So much so that we include them in our product development process. We don't repurpose enterprise solutions, we build with government, for government.