Job description / Role
Excellent opportunity for Project Manager/Project Director (Oil and Gas division)
• Responsible and accountable to manage the execution of construction, commissioning and hand over of engineering projects. He shall report to the Contract Manager.
• Single point responsibility for the execution of Company engineering projects during the execution phase.
• Ensure that HSE matters are given due consideration in project planning.
• Ensure projects are executed in line with Company / International / Shell standards and specifications.
• Actively pursue the evaluation and application of new technology in order to optimise future developments in terms of cost and operability.
• Supervise, advise and guide the discipline personnel to ensure that their work is of the required quality. Highlight issues that may arise in priorities, workload, competency, etc.
• To develop the construction plan for each project to achieve the specified project /construction specific deliverables.
• To exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to execute the project within budget, schedule, quality and HSE requirements.
• To exercise change control and variance control on each project/ construction work.
• To ensure the communication with, and involvement of, all interested construction personnel to each project/ construction work.
• To report progress on project/ construction work in a timely manner, highlighting issues which could impact on quality, cost, schedule and/or HSE matters.
• To actively train and encourage the development of Omani personnel to fulfil different construction roles.
The Cluster Manager will be responsible for planning and execution of the following services/construction activities of his respective area:
• Rig Location Construction, including maintaining Buffers.
• New Flowline Installation & Hook-up
• Conversion Jobs
• Other routine jobs
• ODC projects like Pipelines, Headers, MSVs, MFMs and other Adhoc Projects
• Minimum of 20 to 25 years of (out of which 10 years as Manager) experience in design, specification, construction and general project management of oil and gas facilities, with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a construction manager in large oil and gas projects.
• Shall possess a potential to develop to an executive management position within a world class Contractor organisation.
• Shall have sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
• Fluent spoken/written English, adept in conducting formal meetings, summarise and close-out pending issues.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering
About the Company
We are in operation since 1975 and have recruited more than 100k skilled and semi-skilled professionals in the Construction, MEP, Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Catering and Power & utilities sector over the past 4 decades.