Job description / Role
We are urgently looking for a Psychologist to join the professional team of a well-established, private medical center in Muscat, Oman. The ideal candidate is of Arabic nationality, and Western experience and education.
As a clinical psychologist, your aim is to reduce the distress and improve the psychological well-being of your clients. Using psychological methods and research, you'll make positive changes to your clients' lives and offer various forms of treatment. You'll work in partnership with your clients in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition. They may have a variety of mental or physical health issues, such as:
- Mental illness
- Adjustment to physical illness
- Neurological disorders
- Addictive behaviours
- Challenging behaviours
- eating disorders
- Personal and family relationship problems
- learning disabilities.
You'll work with individuals, including children, adolescents, and adults, as well as families, couples and groups in a range of settings. Collaborating with other professionals in multidisciplinary teams might be necessary in order to deal with your clients' complex issues.
- Assess your clients' needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of their behavior
- Devise and monitor appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counseling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues
- work as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Offer therapy and treatments for issues relating to a range of mental health conditions
- Develop and evaluate service provision for clients
- Provide consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work
- Counsel and support carers
- Carry out applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Female or Male
- Arabic Nationality
- Speaks fluent Arabic and excellent English
- Has at least 3 years of work experience as a Psychologist
- Ideally has passed the Prometric exam with Oman Medical Specialty Board with the average of 70% above
- Ideally has Data Flow Verification of education completed
- Native Arabic speaker
- Fully literate in both verbal and written English
- Excellent customer service and patient care skills
- Demonstrated professional collaboration and teamwork skills with the patient at the center.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills
The desired candidate must be a people person, an excellent team player, who is outgoing, energetic and positive with a willingness to learn and improve. The candidate must be willing to promote one's services and those of the clinic by participating in promotional campaigns.
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.