Job description / Role
Ensure all inspections are being carried out as per approved procedures. Quality records are prepared and maintained, monitoring of construction activities to ensure specification compliance and reports directly to the QA/QC Engineer, liaise with project engineers and site team.
• Inspect construction activities to verify the compliance of specified requirements
• Prepare all quality records.
• Identify the non-conformities and preparation of relevant reports.
• Mainline all the logs related to inspection and testing.
• Coordinate with site team for day to day operations and plan the inspection schedule
• Coordinate with the client representative and site in-charge for inspection.
• Work closely with the Project construction team to take proactive measures to maintain the quality of work at the site.
• Ensure that all specified and approved materials being used in construction, Inspection of all incoming materials.
• Develop and maintaining quality records and ensure the timely submission to the client.
• Support QA/QC Engineer in preparation and implementation of Project quality plan.
• Degree in civil engineering with min 4 years of experience/ Diploma plus 6 years of experience.
• Track record of working in infrastructure projects in reputed construction firm.
• Knowledge of work related standards, specifications, and quality systems such as: ISO 9001, ASTM, BSI, BSEN, ACI and AASHTO.
• Have enough technical experience the QC issues.
• Ability to prioritize and multitasks as well as proactive and deadline-oriented.
• Ability to interact effectively in English
• Ability to read drawings, specifications, standards, data sheets..etc.
• Proficient in computer applications and Systems such as Microsoft Office, Auto Cad, Primavera
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
Corporate QA QC Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar