Job description / Role
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Quality Manager for their team in Muscat, Oman
• Manage monthly Management Review meeting in the GeoMarket.
• Implements, maintains and continually improves BHI Quality Management System.
• Follow-up on the DMIAC/FIMP process with reliability team.
• Provides training, tools and techniques to allow other functions to achieve the established goals and objectives.
• Organizes and perform internal audits.
• Follows-up and closes audit findings using available reporting systems.
• Supports Customer audits to BHI facilities.
• Ensures that processes are conducted according the QMS requirements and continually improve them using 6 Sigma techniques.
• Review Customer tenders and contracts to ensure that BHI understand customer Quality requirements before a quotation is issued or an order is accepted.
• Ensures compliance to relevant applicable industry standards (DS-1, NS-2, ISO, API, ASME, ANSI, etc.).
• Selects, evaluates and re-evaluates suppliers by conducting audits, according BHI procedures, and reports results into Approved Suppliers System.
• Participates in failures investigation supporting Reliability and R&M functions.
• Reports nonconformities and DMR’s.
• Provides training to all personnel about BHI QMS and related tools.
• BS degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years in leading quality team.
• Preferred minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Standards (i.e., ISO 9000, API, TQM), preferred certified API Spec Q2 lead auditor or practitioner.
• Preferred project management and lean six-sigma experience
• Preferred minimum of 10 years relevant oil field experience, drilling services, completion, etc…
• Assertive and self-motivated to develop and implement Quality Management Systems
• Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy to interface with various internal and external customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.