Job description / Role
The Quantity Surveyor will hold the following responsibilities and duties:
- Full post contract quantity surveying services for project in Muscat, Oman
- Experience in providing Post Contract Cost Management services to the various industry sectors.
- Experience in delivering Post Contract Cost Management services internationally with a minimum of 4 years experience in this role.
- Ability to contribute to the development of our long term strategic relationship with our key client and improve our ability to win repeat commissions.
- Understanding of client's core objectives and managing all Pre and Post Contract facets of a project to ensure a successful delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a team of dynamic individuals and possess excellent communication skills.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include: Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Provision of full valuation of variations service on an airport programme in Muscat, Oman.
- Engender a team spirit that encourages delivery excellence.
- Co-ordinate and work with the wider Faithful+Gould business.
- Retain and own close contact with client individuals.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Technical Competencies / Qualifications / Experience Essential
- Diploma/BSc in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
- 7 years' experience for Diploma holder, 3 years for BSc
- Experience in infrastructure projects (water projects experience is preferred)
- Experience in Oman and/or GCC countries
- Experience in Post contracts
- Ability to maximise valuation of variations and change orders.
- Knowledge and understanding of component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Behavioural Competencies Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc).
- Self starter.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).