Job description / Role
• Quantity surveyors manage the costs on a construction project.
• They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
• Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
• Provide project cost estimation at the time of submitting tender.
• Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation for sub. Contractors and vendors.
• Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
• Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
• Measure and value the work done on site
• Approve payment to sub. Contractors and suppliers.
• Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers Select and/or source construction materials both finishing and stream materials.
• Prepare and document claims for variances, extension of time and preliminary cost.
• Prepare final closing project PNL report to the management of completion of work.
• Key skills 4-6 years’ experience with similar role in construction company.
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel Power point MS Word and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
• Hands on experience in quantification and costing (estimation), tendering and effective subcontract procurement procedure, Contract Administration.
• Knowledge of QCS SMM Local CoC FIDIC forms of contracts adhering to techno commercial, contractual and construction process for building and infrastructure developments.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to job, working within a team framework and being as a part of team
• Proactive, Service minded, result oriented, and pleasant with good interpersonal communication skill.
• Well organized, lateral thinking and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Computer Literate (MS Office, Auto CAD).
• Education Bachelor of Engineering in Civil or equivalent Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivale, MS/C is preferred
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
One Thousand Walls
Quantity Surveyor - Buildings
Quantity Surveyor / Senior QS
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||21 Mar|
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|