Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are putting together a team of professionals to be presented in our Bid/Tender for the Design of a road project in Oman. The team will include a Quantity Surveyor with over ten years experience on roads and Infrastructure projects.
A typical week would include:
* Collect and check quantity measurements from the field and Prepare the Quantity Survey Reports.
* Prepare monthly Contractor's interim payment certificate and preparation of final account.
* Provide the required technical support, assistance, and advice on all aspects of quantity surveying activities covering measurement, certification and payments.
* Liaise with the Ministry to ensure full compliance with the Ministry's procedures on all matters relating to the administration of financial affairs of the construction contract.
* Ensure that full documentation and records are maintained in the Engineer's office facility to properly substantiate all Interim and Final Payments to the contractor to a standard acceptable to the Ministry.
* Prepare and produce of Variation Orders.
* Review claims submitted by the contractor.
* Coordinate and direct the work of all quantity surveying staff in the execution of the various duties covering. measurement, certification, and payment for the Contract.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying.
* Professional Membership.
* Minimum 10 years of working experience on roads and infrastructure projects.
* Strong technical expertise and experience in pre contracts and claims.
* People managing skill, with excellent written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.