Job description / Role
• Manage the day to day activities of the managers within the department (attending to visitors, telephone calls, relaying of information to other divisions pertaining to operational and administrative nature, managing files-confidential in nature, petty cash for unforeseen cash requirements) in order to ensure a smooth co-ordination between all units and the Cabin Crew Operations.
• Manage all correspondence (memos, letters to the authorities, day to day electronic communication) in order to communicate and address queries related to matters concerning Cabin Crew Operations to ensure smooth communication and carry out the required actions.
• Manage daily appointments, meetings, conferences and make available all required agendas- documents and subsequently keep records for their prior commitments in order to ensure proper co-ordination with internal parties.
• Take minutes of proceedings and distributing the same to all the parties concerned and ensuring follow-up actions in order to ensure all issues are actioned.
• Coordinate and follow up projects with department managers and monitor implementation of resolutions and actions list.
• A considerable part of the job is inter-related with other departments, so consistency and reliability in working within company policy is required.
• Covering a variety of duties including screening calls, making travel arrangements, preparing reports and any other tasks assigned by the managers.
Fresh Two years college Diploma in a related field OR Fresh Secondary School certificate holder Certificate / training in secretarial courses with experience in similar functions will be advantage.
• Proficiency in English (Reading and Writing)
• Proficiency in MS office o Short hand and typing
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Well organised and able to work as part of a team.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.