Job description / Role
• Manages Inter-company accounts & carryout monthly reconciliation with the related parties
• Reconciles bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Maintains; reconciles fixed assets schedules & register
• Follows up Investment overview & Capex
• Performs day to day banking functions
• Responsible in allocation of common cost to various cost centers
• Creates Supplier’s Master Data in SBO
• Performs general accounting functions & all related month-end tasks
• Prepares monthly & quarterly reports (Balance Sheet, Overhead Reports, Working Capital etc)
• Ensures monthly deadlines are met as required
• Provides cover for other accounting functions as requested
• Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Line Manager
• Compliance with all requirements of the MAN Quality System
• Performing in a way aimed at achieving the highest possible work efficiency
• To comply with the Company Code of Conduct
• To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
• To undertake such other tasks that may be reasonably required
• To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
• To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
• To be aware of, and adhere to, all Health & Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partners
• Have the responsibility to ensure that relevant QHSE standards are met.
• Ensure the relevant QHSE procedures are followed and implemented in their area of activity.
• Promote the belief that all injuries, incidents and occupational illnesses are preventable and unacceptable within the MDT ME culture.
• Ensure all incidents, accidents, non-conformances etc. occurred in their area of activity are reported and investigated.
• Ensure applicable QHSE legal and other requirements and customer requirements are met and complied in their area of activity and these requirements are communicated to the staff reporting to them.
• Ensure sufficient resources are available to maintain and improve QHSE standards.
• Ensure all personnel reporting to them adhere to the guidelines defined in the management system.
• Ensure relevant trainings needed for the staff reporting to them are identified and arranged with HR.
• Participate in the project / activity / department OH&S risk assessment process and Environmental impact assessment process. Ensure relevant staff reporting to them also participates in these assessments.
• Promote the Open Door style of management for any QHSE related issues.
• Have the responsibility for prioritizing and ensuring accomplishment of objectives and identified improvement measures.
• Ensure all relevant suppliers have compatible QHSE commitments and management systems.
• Ensure accurate QHSE reporting is carried out within their area of activity.
• In depth Finance and Accounting knowledge; awareness of quality and costs, profit-oriented approach
• Acceptance and tolerance
• Ability to co-operate with others and work in a team; Ability to cope with and solve conflict
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Communicate information to individual; listen and respond appropriately to others. Ability to establish effective working relationships that foster organizational success
• Demonstrate sound organisational and administrative skills and high professional standards; high level of confidence and self-awareness
• Integrity and reliability; willingness to learn and be self-motivated.
• Must have an Accounting degree with at least 3 years relevant experience
• Must have ERP knowledge
• Strong Computer Skills
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail
• Exposure to audit requirements
• Knowledgeable of ERP system (preferably - SAP B1)
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of direct line manager
About the Company
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, based in Augsburg, Germany, is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines that are manufactured both by the company and by its licensees. The engines have power outputs ranging from 450 kW to 87 MW. MAN Diesel & Turbo also designs and manufactures gas turbines of up to 30 MW, steam turbines of up to 150 MW and compressors with volume flows of up to 1.5 million m³/h and pressures of up to 1,000 bar. The product range is rounded off by turbochargers, propellers, gas engines and chemical reactors.
MAN Diesel & Turbo’s range of goods includes complete marine propulsion systems, turbomachinery units for the oil & gas as well as the process industries and complete power plant solutions. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services marketed under the MAN PrimeServ brand. The company employs around 14,500 staff at more than 100 international sites, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, India and China. MAN Diesel & Turbo is a company in the Power Engineering business area of MAN SE.