Job description / Role
Area of responsibility
Value Added Tax
- Assisting with new VAT registration processes in Oman and outstations (where necessary);
- Liaising with external advisors relating to indirect tax matters; and
- Supporting the department manager in implementing the indirect tax policies and procedures across the organization, this includes driving process efficiencies, quality improvements, and risk minimization strategies related to domestic and regional operations.
- Monitoring of VAT-GST queries, ensuring prompt responses to all issues within strict timeframes;
- Co-coordinating the review of the employee expenses for VAT purposes; and
- Assist the department manager with acting as the day-to-day contact between different areas with respect to VAT-GST advisory matters and compliance (e.g. Accounting, Legal, IT, Commercial teams, etc.).
- Monitoring VAT calendar, including all tax payments, to ensure compliance with the Oman tax authoritys deadlines;
- Preparation of VAT balance sheet reconciliation by set datelines;
- Compliance with Outstation tax laws
- Prepare and update Outstation Tax- VAT calendar covering all local compliances at the Outstations;
- Develop tax templates (wherever possible) to enable preparation of tax compliances at the outstations;
- Fresh Bachelor Degree in Accounts / Commerce preferably in Tax accounting.
- Or Two years college Diploma in the related discipline with 02 years of post-qualification work experience in a similar role.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.