Job description / Role
• Participates in proposals for tax projects and multi functional projects including proposal writing, co-ordination with other parties for inputs into the proposal, part of the team interacting with clients during the entire proposal process on occasion
• Delivers high quality tax engagements for manager / partner review in a timely manner
• Starts to build relationships with other functions and network offices, as well as lawyers investment managers and other relevant external contact network
• Co-ordinates with other offices in a multi-office engagement, and reviews inputs received from such offices such that the overall deliverable can be provided to senior management for review in a timely manner
• Is aware of and ensures that risk processes are adhered to at all times; consults internally and with the risk team for engagement and or client processes that deviate from the standard
• For projects that the senior associate is a part of, ensures that practice management is up-to-date at all times including prompt submission of time sheets, client files, billing, collection, WIP review, payouts to other offices, multi-firm engagement documentation and closure of engagements on the system
• Communicates regularly with the partner / director on client, people, risk and practice management aspects and seeks inputs on all key decisions and issues
• Basic to good knowledge and experience in international corporate tax including international holding structures, tax treaty network, fund structuring, tax policy and tax risk management
• Basic to good knowledge and experience in tax due diligence
• Basic to practical knowledge of tax accounting, transfer pricing and International Executive Services related tax principles
• Basic experience in business development, client relationship and client management
• Assist Partner and Director in identifying targets, assist in preparing action plan for developing the client and implementation of the plan able to identify opportunities for cross selling work of other functions
• Good risk management knowledge and application including documentation, ability to escalate issues quickly to risk management specialists for resolution, incorporating risk management into work environment such that it is a part of the inherent process of engagement delivery
• Basic to good practice management skills including debtors, time sheets, billing, follow up on recovery with clients
• Good report writing skills including ability to write simple tax reports and opinions
• Good project management skills including coordinating with multiple teams across various jurisdictions
• Accounting (CA, ACCA, CPA), with at least 3 to 4 years of international corporate tax consulting experience.
• Good academic record
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (report writing, presentations)
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
About the Company
With a worldwide presence, KPMG continues to build on our member firms\' successes thanks to clear vision, rigorously maintained values and, above all, its people.
KPMG operates as an international network of member firms offering audit, tax and advisory services. We work closely with our clients, helping them to mitigate risks and grasp opportunities.
Our network of member firms in over 140 countries worldwide share the same values. What are they and why do they work? Our reputation is created by the way the people within our member firms act with clients, colleagues and their communities.