Job description / Role
The Senior Commercial Manager will be expected to head up the commercial team and provide the Chief Finance Officer and Heads of Department with valuable support and back up with all areas of the project as well as managing all development and construction pre and post contract commercial requirements
Working closely with the company’s senior management and the project development and delivery team you will take the lead on commercial matters on designated projects- contributing to budget preparation, implementing contract and procurement procedures, agreeing commercial terms and taking such measures are necessary to secure the company’s commercial basis.
- Responsible for all Commercial aspects of the Delivery Team.
- Responsible for the development of project through the direction of control document and instruction from the Senior Management Team.
- Assists with the preparation of development feasibility studies, concept master planning etc, to develop the initial briefing requirements for consultants.
- Assists with development of the procurement strategy for the delivery of the specified component, both in terms of design, construction and where applicable, operation and maintenance companies.
- Responsible for Cost Management of the respective projects with respect to Cost Planning, cost reporting, change management and Contract Close out in liaison with the company Commercial Team (or using a Third Party)
- Secretary of the company Tender Committee
- Responsible for providing progress reports and information to company Senior Management Team
- Responsible for developing junior members of staff within their team with the aim of enhancing the Omani skill base within the department.
- Manage the procurement of all service as per the approved contracting and procurement procedures.
- Manage the procurement of Consultant and Contract services
- Manage the compilation of the commercial assessment of all tender submissions (either internally or using a Third Party)
- Manage the compilation of the Contract Document, and execution with the respective Contractual parties
Cost Planning, Estimating and reporting
- Manage Third Party cost consultant for the provision of cost plans, estimates and reports
Contract Administration and Close out (Internally or using a Third Party)
- Contract administration, including managing the interim payment process.
- Contract strategy development with the respective Project Management
- Final account close out
- Claim management- Logging, review, respond, close out
- University Qualifications: Any related degree.
- Other certifications obtained: MRICS
- Nature and length of previous experience: at least 10 years of experience
- Current Location: Muscat, Oman
- Nationality Preference: Preferably Omani Nationals
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.