Job description / Role
To carry out conceptual engineering design within facilities department which include feasibility study, lifecycle analysis and concept selection studies. as directed by Department Head.
• Review designs and decide on optimal approach to the implementation of the project to bring maximum benefit to the Company.
• Works on the conceptual design and project feasibility for a variety of surface projects downstream form the well head, and relating to the treatment of oil, water gas separation to bring the oil & gas to a quality where it can be shipped out of the field
• Develop a project delivery plan with the Departmental Manager taking into account the Engineering project strategy and methodologies of the Company.
• Initiate, moderate and present concept selection workshop.
• Ensure all health safety and fire issues are observed on site during implementation of projects. Work on two to three Engineering projects simultaneously on a regular basis.
• Carries out observations and calculations to obtain forecasts on items such as flow-rates and percentage mix
• Works extensively with Field operations and other Engineering personnel to establish a fully working knowledge of the specific area under investigation or development
• Carries out extensive calculations with process engineering software packages such as Pipesim or Hysis
• Perform complex and extensive calculations on hydraulics, equipment sizing and performance calculations
• Develops simulation models and investigates potential optimizations options and ideas de-bottlenecking of field projects
• Provides full support for early engineering execution phase to FEED Stage, particularly with reference to early water injection projects for the field
• Follows all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times
• Undertakes the training of Omani nationals as directed by Management
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Perform related duties as requested
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Minimum 12 years practical experience in Process Engineering, preferably in the upstream oil industry with a broad background in Production projects
• Excellent project planning skills are required
• Good PC skills plus a knowledge of Hysis, Pipesim or similar packages
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.