Job description / Role
Accountable for delivering the whole cycle for contracting and procurement with primary focus, including but not limited to developing the most suitable contracting strategy, review of scope of work, verification and accuracy of the technical information supplied, tender documentation including pricing mechanism, pre and post contract award process and administration.
• Responsible for executing the complete tendering process via compiling a tender evaluation plan with consultations with contract owner, provide commercial guidance, bidders’ selection and prepare bid documents, prequalification documents, bid evaluations, contract negotiations and contractor selection.
• Coordinate and contribute to the development of pre and post contracting strategies, plans and tactics in collaboration with the end user department.
• Develop and Update ACV graphs for relevant contracts
• Prepare submissions for functional review and recommendations to the internal Contract Review Committee and Ministry of Oil & Gas.
• Review and coordinate Performa approvals as required.
• Prepare the Award recommendation of contracts, service orders, variations, amendment, extension and other agreement document and obtain relevant signoffs as per Manual of Authority.
• Communicate with bidders and applicable disciplines/functions within company and vendors to establish clear definition and obligations to projects requirements to assure performance.
• Coordinate pre-award and post-award contract management, including change management, insurance issues, claims mitigation and settlement and contract close-out.
• Ensure effective documentation of the contracts’ documents.
Responsible to ensure companies HSE requirements and performance monitoring tools are embedded into new contracts to achieve company annual HSE KPIs.
• Ensure executed contract agreements are entered into Oracle database system/ any other documentation system, to facilitate invoice payments and generating reports.
• Maintain and periodically report cumulative expenditure and expenditure trend. To raise alarms to immediate supervisor and contract owner at the indication of ACV overrun prior to contract expiry by frequent update for ACV graphs. Initiate the process of extension/ACV review/renewal to avoid any ACV overruns.
• Maintain contract file system in a logical and functional state including all amendments and relevant correspondences. Ensure all entitlements as a result of Early Payment or Volume Discounts are documented and collected from Contractors.
• Build and utilize a strong 'networking' with other operators to seek their knowledge/experience and, if applicable, apply into companies contracting to improve acquiring material and services.
• Conduct market analysis/benchmarking and transform market research data into clear outsourcing recommendations & sourcing plans
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Engineering.
• Preferred holding membership of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) by examination.
• Must possess strong exposure to contracts and procurement in upstream oil & gas sector (preferably upstream operator)
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a related field, preferably in Oil & Gas.
• Able to lead discussions credibly and effectively negotiate claims resolutions.
• Basic understanding of contract law and basic oil and gas industry / engineering operating environments.
• Exposure to an ERP System (SAP, Oracle etc) and general computer skills with high competence level in MS Office (Excel, Word).
• Be fluent in English, written, spoken and comprehension.
• Be demonstrably competent, able to prioritise and work under pressure to tight deadlines, but with attention to detail.
• Maintain the highest possible standards of ethics, probity and transparency in accordance with corporate and CIPS standards of conduct.
• Be proactive, innovative, results oriented and driven to succeed.
• Have excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Have good presentation skills.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Urgent - Contracts Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Thales Middle East
Senior Contract Specialist
Ashghal (Public Works Authority)