Job description / Role
Data Scientist role in the Digital Subsurface Solutions Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal customers.
Location: Muscat, Oman.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and executing undirected research and tackling open-ended data problems related to AI, ML, predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques.
This individual is also responsible for collaborating with various teams and providing periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in the formulation of key business requirements to be solved, rationalizing the various analytical approaches to solve those problems.
Finally, this position is involved in helping to develop, analyze and draw conclusions, and presenting the results back to business users. Depending on the candidate’s qualification, this position can be either a Data Scientist or a Senior Data Scientist.
• Researches and assesses next-generation technologies for data-driven solutions
• Generates innovative ideas, establishes new research directions, and shapes and executes on technical projects
• Applies theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems
• Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization
• Works with business and engineering teams to implement robust and scalable industrial software solutions
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility
• Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports - Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
• Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events and conferences
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied science, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience in developing core machine learning algorithms in professional research and development settings
• Strong background in some of these listed areas: machine learning, time series analysis / sensor processing, deep learning, optimization/operations research, text analytics/NLP, computer vision
• Demonstrated experience in building and applying machine learning / predictive modelling in real-world use cases
• Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
• Must be able to legally work in Oman. Omani candidates preferred or GCC Nationals or current Oman residents may apply.
• Excellent knowledge of developing deep learning models using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.
• Understanding and past experience of Oil and Gas domain is a plus
• Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale) is preferred
• Track records of past publications in relevant topics
• Immediate availability is an advantage
• Ability in designing distributed and parallelized algorithms
Other skills and abilities:
• Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to work both autonomously and in a team
• Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions