Job description / Role
- To undertake Electrical Building Services designs;
- Preparing technical mark ups/sketches for drafting by the technicians
- Representing Atkins at meetings with Clients and Contractors;
- Liaise with Local Statutory Authorities;
- Technical Report writing;
- Preparation of technical specifications in Masterformat and NES;
- Manage own workload and workload of others;
- Engage in Multi discipline coordination and workshops;
- Ensure Quality Assurance/Quality control processes have been incorporated in the design;
- Review and develop established standard details and specifications with current market trends;
- Technical responsibility for quality associated with electrical design deliverables
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear and EDPM (engineering design and project management). On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, which has been integrated into our sectors.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Job Details & Requirements:
- BEng or equivalent in Electrical Engineering qualification
- Minimum 10 years working experience in design consultancy, preferably in the Middle East in the capacity of a designer
- Experience in 5-star Hotel projects, Highrise residential and commercial buildings
- Good knowledge of Local and International Codes and Regulations such as OES, NFPA, IEC, IEEE, BS-EN etc
- Good working knowledge in Sustainable designs. Having LEED qualifications would be an advantage
- Basic working knowledge in Design softwares such as Dialux, Relux and ETAP
- Basic working knowledge in Revit/Autocad
- Medium Voltage/High voltage design experience would be an advantage
- Wider knowledge of integrated design and collaboration with other disciplines highly desirable
- Capable of working under pressure and on several projects simultaneously.
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language with high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients is essential
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the process:
We are in the process of shortlisting candidates and will advise you on your status soon
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).